New recipe dumps me out after four ingredients

Options
KrisG54
KrisG54 Posts: 5 Member
I'm trying to enter a new recipe and when I add the fourth ingredient, it dumps the first three. I tried changing the order of entry but the same thing happened several times. What is going on?
Tagged:

Replies

• mkukulski
    mkukulski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too !!! SO VERY FRUSTRATING ! Okay - I thought I was losing my mind. I had to walk away. I will try again tomorrow - this was a few days ago - hopefully they have fixed the issue. Thank you for this post. Arrgh !!!!
  • Keep_Life_Simple
    Keep_Life_Simple Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes same thing is happening to me today 22/05/23. I thought it was only me. I wish it could be fixed.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Don’t use the recipes function. Use the meals function to save recipes. It’s much more flexible. You can copy meals, and tweak them easier, too. Plus, when you add a “meal” to your diary, it adds the individual foods to your diary instead of one lump “lasagna”. Like so:

iz5ejz63lpbm.png

Save your recipe or meal every couple of items and then edit it to add more foods.

Do NOT use the barcode scanner to add foods to recipes or meals. It will dump you out, and erase anything you e already entered, whether saved or not.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - is this issue when using the app? I just tried entering a recipe (not on the app) and had no issues.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I only ever use the 'Add recipe Manually' function and have had no problems .. including just before I wrote this response.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I'm curious - is this issue when using the app? I just tried entering a recipe (not on the app) and had no issues.

I’ve use only the iOS app to add meals (meaning “recipes” in my parlance). It started dumping me out maybe about six month ago. It’s maddening, especially if it’s a long recipe or one using a lot of ingredients I had to search for.

Hence, now I know to save every couple of ingredients. Slows the process considerably but nips the cussing and screaming in the bud. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That’s another reason “meals” is so much more flexible than “recipes”. I make ice cream all the time and if I want to try something new, I simply copy the meal, adjust the ingredients and save under a new name. Eliminates the tedious searching.

Will do that tomorrow night when making lasagna at a relative’s home. Will simply “copy” my usual lasagna meal, which is a long recipe, and only need to adjust for local cheeses and add the squash and Zuchinni they insisted be added (on “their side” of the dish. I just can’t abide the thought, for some reason.) Then when I save the copied lasagna to my diary, I simply delete the squash and Zuchinni from my serving. And next time I make it, at home, I’ll revert to use the original meal with my own cheese brands and no veggies.