No “edit recipe” option on I-phone app

Options
shelliewalkerroodt
shelliewalkerroodt Posts: 2 Member
Hi all, I’ve read all the suggestions on how to edit a recipe without success. There is no “edit recipe” option on the individual recipe screen, and going to community>food recipes, etc., doesn’t have an edit recipes that I can find.

I can’t even see the ingredients in my recipes. Can anyone help me? New user, updated iphone.

Thanks!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,484 Member
    Options
    Don’t use the recipe function.

Enter recipes under the “meal function”. You do it the same way, and have ability to edit, or copy recipes you want to tinker with, without ruining the original.

Also, when you add a “meal” to your diary, you get the whole breakdown of all ingredients added to your diary. This is really convenient if, for example, your partner chose a smaller or larger portion of the meat than you. Or if you didn’t add cocoa powder to your pancakes and want to remove only that line item.

One caveat with either recipes or meals, if you are using the barcode scanner when selecting items, it will not only shut down the recipe but also erase any prior ingredients you added. So don’t use barcode scanner in this section of the iOS app. Maddening glitch. 🫤
  • springlering62
    Options
    Post here if you need instructions to adjust serving size, too, and I’ll post screenshots.
  • shelliewalkerroodt
    shelliewalkerroodt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @springlering62

OMGosh! You are a godsend. I try not to sweat the small stuff and, I confess, this has been making me nutty 🤣
    Thank you! Thank you!
  • flashgordon49
    flashgordon49 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For springler62,
    When you say adjust serving sizes do you refer to Meals or Recipes. The tip to use Meals instead of Recipes is fantastic. I find recipes are so rigid and hard to use.
  • springlering62
    edited May 2023
    Options
    You can easily edit the size of a meal. Some people weigh the entire completed dish. Say it’s 1500 grams. They’ll call it 1500 servings when they save the meal.

Then, hen they add it to their daily diary, and dish out 600 grams, they’ll enter it as 600 servings.

I do the exact opposite. I enter meals as 1 serving. Then, if I eat 1/3, I’ll adjust the meal to .33 and save that.

Here’s an example using my favorite ice cream recipe. (This is my basic recipe, and then I tart it up from there if I feel like it, as you can see below):

I enter all the ingredients, but save it as 1 serving.
    6z0hq9ek8j2o.png

This particular recipe actually makes six servings. So I go in and change the serving size to “.17”. You just hit the check mark below to adjust the size.

0nndqdkdy8pm.jpeg

It automatically recalculates the portion I’m eating and that’s what I save to my diary.
    fzh8l6zh8iav.png

I like doing it this way because, it saves the individual ingredients to my diary rather than one lump entry for “chocolate ice cream”. It looks like this in my diary (plus the things I added):

vhd5z7gqcvi9.png

Now, If I want, I can then go in and adjust an individual line item. This is handy if you have a spouse copying your meal plan, as I do. I usually eat a larger peice of meat than he does, because I’m heavily protein oriented. So he can copy the meal, and then one or the other of us can adjust as needed.