Transitioning Off Veganism Tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• aimeelynncreates
    aimeelynncreates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just have some meat👍🏼

If you haven't eaten meat in a long time, "just" eating it is not a wise suggestion, as it can give you some serious tummy troubles. No one wants to reintroduce something in their diet and go too far and get the runs... :o
  • aimeelynncreates
    Options
    Lol! I actually used to love meat and ideally I'll be able to get back to a place where I can eat meat occasionally. I'm not sure the ultimate goal for my long-term diet (omnivore, vegetarian, pescatarian etc) but I want to be able to go out to restaurants without being "that person." My fiance is a major carnivore and it's been a struggle for us to find places that we can both enjoy. Going out for dinners and trying new foods was such a key bonding point in our early relationship and we've both really missed having those experiences. I'll re-introduce meat at some point but haven't quite taken the leap yet.

I'm not sure where you're writing from but it definitely makes a difference where you live geographically! I'm Pacific Northwest born and raised, and we have a crazy awesome number of restaurants and grocers here that are a dream for both the meat-ful and meat-less. We also adore any food from Southeast Asia, from Vietnamese to Thai to Indian and more, and that helps as there's a gazillion options at those restaurants automatically. I've also found a ton of awesome recipes on Pinterest, especially for all kinds of Buddha Bowls, which are awesome for the omnivore and vegetarian, since you can just cook up some good meat for one person and some mushrooms or tofu or beans or what-not for the veg and add them in at the end!
  • aimeelynncreates
    Options
    No apology needed @AnnPT77 ! I love good conversations like this. And input from all parties is always welcome and of interest. Yes, I definitely have some additional things going on that make this more complicated. But, the first time I ate dairy after not having it, I was extremely sick to my stomach. The side effects were definitely unpleasant and that was when I realized I should probably get some help because I was already wanting to give up.

Oh yeah. Anyone reintroducing dairy should start out with dry cheeses (like Parm) &/or goat milk (which btw tastes INSANELY good for hot chocolate) before going into anything heavier than that. Nothing like a pint of pure cow's milk ice cream to send many of us (vegan or not) straight to the throne with regret in our hearts... :D