Garmin Training Center Help

Options
So I FINALLY got a garmin after considering for years lol.. Going to go out for a run tomorrow with it but not figuring out how to use the training center. Not understanding what I'm supposed to do. Looking through online manuals for tips, but not working out. (Used Garmin so don't have a manual)

For example if I set up a new workout what do I do then?If I send to device does it assign it to a certain day or when I go for a run does it just show up in the list of workouts on the garmin? That type of thing. Thanks if you can offer help :)

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you send a workout it shows up as one of the workouts on the watch. If you put it on the training center calendar it will also show up as the assigned workout for the day on the watch.

Recommend you also use Garmin Connect. It does everything that training center does and is also continually upgraded. Garmin stopped upgrading training center several years ago. I use both as sometimes it's easier to create workouts on training center. For everything else though Garmin Connect is better.
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    ok. Good to know thanks!. Will check out Garmin Connect.
  • aj445
    Options
    So I used Garmin Connect to start a training schedule starting Monday the 9th. I have a 5K to do with my son this weekend so won't really be doing anything outside my normal runs. When I head out for my run on Monday will it just show up?
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    On the watch menu you select the workout screen. One of the options there should be scheduled workouts. Select that and the correct workout for the day should display. Select that workout and press the option DO WORKOUT. After that you have to press the start button when you begin running.
  • aj445
    Options
    OK! Thanks again will try it out Next week :)