Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

food recs based remaining nutrient needs for day

Hello, myfitnesspal (MFP),

You know what would be cool? ...

If the app recommended foods to eat to close my calorie gap, and only in the nutrient bins i need.

for example: let's say I have 300 calories left to eat today, but i've already consumed my daily goal for carbs ... but still have a gap on fat and protein ... it would be helpful if MFP gave me some suggestions on foods (portions, types) that are low in carbs, and higher in fats/proteins ... then i could seek those out ... for example it would say, "hey you've reached your limit for carbs for the day .. try some eggs or nut butter, etc."

maybe select from my "most used" list and calculate required portions/combinations to meet the goal gap ??
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 726 MFP Staff
    I love that idea! Thank you so much for sharing that - I will be sure to provide this to the appropriate team for a possible future update.