Success: A Year Ago I Couldn't Walk to My Car...

Options
13»

Replies

• orismom2021
    orismom2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This brought a tear to my eye. I don't know you but I'm so proud of you!!! What amazing will power and resilience!
  • liekrawr
    liekrawr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! I'm so happy for your incredible transformation. Do you have before and after pictures?? I'm curious about how much change it took for you to feel so much better. It would help the community better understand where we lie and what to potentially expect. Completely understandable if you're not comfortable with it though!
  • MOB0608
    MOB0608 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Daeygur wrote: »
    Hello! It's an obligatory success post since people really seem to like them! :smile:

Here's a little backstory.

A year ago, I couldn't even walk to my car without being in pain. My hips hurt so much, my legs were struggling to hold up my 390 pounds, and whenever I went into Walmart or any store, I had to be in either an electric wheelchair or have someone push me in a manual wheelchair. Every time I rode by the mirrors, or someone would give me a dirty look, I'd become so self-conscious that I finally gave up and told myself that I was meant to be here. I was meant to be the fat person that would never be healthy, would never go to college, would never wear cute clothes, or ride roller coasters or go on holidays. I'd always be the girl that would get snickered at, or whispered about when someone would see me.

That was my destiny. That was the hole I had buried myself in.

Well, that hole has finally been filled.

Today, I walked 2.76 miles.
    Today, I walked 2.76 miles without stopping for breath or resting.

A year ago I had to be dropped off at the door and waddle over to an electric wheelchair, but today I put on my new workout shoes. Walked down the steps, and walked 2.76 miles!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

So, for those of you that feel like you're never going to get there, for those of you that struggle getting out of bed without wheezing or struggling to breathe, for those of you that can barely walk two minutes without feeling as though you're having a heart attack. I want you--all of you to know that you can do it.

Coming from someone who weighed 390 pounds in May 2022, who couldn't walk to her car without a cane, who couldn't stand for two minutes without feeling as though her back was going to break, who couldn't walk down the parking lot and had to be dropped off at the door, who had to take an electric wheelchair to shop, who never ate at restaurants because I couldn't fit in a booth, who never swam at the pool because I was embarrassed, who never talked to people and didn't have friends, who always stayed in bed from day to night wishing I was dead

To someone who is making friends everyday, to someone who can walk around a store without struggling to breathe, to someone who fits inside a booth, to someone who swam in the pool in front of people (and got stuck inside lmaooo), to someone who can run down the stairs, to someone who smiles and chats with people wherever she goes, to someone who fits inside a 2X shirt, to someone who wears a 2X dress, to someone who can stand and clean for hours without breaking, to someone who never has to stay in bed all day because she has a life to live, and to someone who walked 2.76 miles without stopping.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!

Outstanding!! You're an inspiration and your post pumped me up! Keep up the good work!!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing this.
  • Daeygur
    Daeygur Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    liekrawr wrote: »
    What an amazing story! I'm so happy for your incredible transformation. Do you have before and after pictures?? I'm curious about how much change it took for you to feel so much better. It would help the community better understand where we lie and what to potentially expect. Completely understandable if you're not comfortable with it though!

I do! I have them on my facebook so I'll have to gather them!!
  • Daeygur
    Options
    dzgpyqe2uawg.jpg
    6emkl68ymm57.jpg

The stripped shirt I was at my highest! 390 pounds almost 400 pounds! Now, I had to throw that shirt away because it was literally turning into a dress. Which is weird to me because on that photo I had to force that 4X shirt down. The red shirt is a 2X that I got from Goodwill! It fits amazing, and even though it doesn't look like my body's changed much I can feel it changing. My thighs feel stronger even though I haven't been exercising as much (I get really bad headaches in the heat and sunlight for some reason). I'm trying to find indoor alternatives right now.

liekrawr wrote: »

• Daeygur
    Options
    TMI but I actually have to tie my bra now because I'm getting smaller in the chest area!
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Daeygur wrote: »
    The stripped shirt I was at my highest! 390 pounds almost 400 pounds! Now, I had to throw that shirt away because it was literally turning into a dress. Which is weird to me because on that photo I had to force that 4X shirt down. The red shirt is a 2X that I got from Goodwill! It fits amazing, and even though it doesn't look like my body's changed much I can feel it changing. My thighs feel stronger even though I haven't been exercising as much (I get really bad headaches in the heat and sunlight for some reason). I'm trying to find indoor alternatives right now.

You're doing great and you deserve to be proud of what you have accomplished. The cost of buying new clothes is one of the few drawbacks of weight loss. I do the same as you and hit the thrift stores when my last purchases get too loose. Pants were the worst as I had a lot of visceral fat to get rid of.

Living in Texas, I find it much easier to get out early in the mornings for a walk on unpaved surfaces. I've tried walking the local mall or the outer isles of big box stores, but the hard floors can cause soreness that I don't need. If you live in a city you might try finding an air conditioned stair well to get some exercise in. Do whatever you can to keep moving and get some cardio in. You'll live not only longer, but your quality of life will be much better.

Wishing you continue success and Good Luck!

• aior82
    aior82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is awesome congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!