6 Small Meals VS. 3 Main Meals

Options
Do you eat 6 small meals rather than making Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner main meals with small snacks? I am thinking of trying 6 meals between 200-225 calories each. If you do the 6 smaller meals a day I would like to see your food journal or get ideas of what things you eat for these smaller meals.

Replies

• sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I do 3 meals with afternoon and evening snack. Rarely do I have a snack between breakfast and lunch. Can't imagine doing 6 small meals a day. Would never get out of kitchen. LOL
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I usually have 6 small (sometimes medium :blushing: ) meals a day. Feel free to look at my journal! Be aware, I eat real food; not just fruits and veggies lol
  • acstein
    acstein Posts: 55
    Options
    I changed to 6 times a day and have lost 5 lbs in a few weeks. However, I do not always eat every meal, and I am not always under my calorie goal for the day. I did it more to keep my metabolism up and decrease overeating rather than anything else. It has worked for me. I also eat real food, like TruSunshine. The great thing about your body is that as odd as this sounds, as long as you eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not (barring extremes of both sides), and make healthier choices to eat, then you should be fine. I do not have my food journal public however. If you have questions, send me a message. Just a couple of quick tips. I switched to ground turkey instead of ground beef, deli sliced chicken for sandwhiches, no mayo or mayo based products, except for ranch sometimes, light versions (salad dressing, sour cream, etc.). I cut out soda altogether except for a treat from time to time. Those are just the changes I've started with. There may be more to come later as I grow into healthier habits.
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    I eat 3 smaller meals plus 2-3 larger snacks - snacks are usually yogurt with berries/nuts/seeds, cottage cheese and prawns, veggies and hummus, fruit and nut butter - something substantial but definitely snack rather than meal. I find this works for me as I don't do well if I don't eat regularly and end up feeling light-headed/dizzy/sick if I go more than 3 hours without food :laugh:

It's worth trying both to see what you find best I think.