From 420.2 pounds to 267.2 pounds in eight months.

Hello all. I first shared my story two months ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1033823-from-420-2-pounds-to-298-4-pounds-in-six-months-pics

I'm proud to say that I've now lost 153 pounds. I never would have thought eight months ago this would have been possible.

Since the original thread, I've been to my doctor for the first time since I began eating healthy. He was beyond pleased, and he said he has no issue with me eating only 1,250 calories a day. I actually printed off a full week of menus to show him. (Yes, I know its basically the same most days. LOL.) I was thrilled that he cut by blood pressure medicine in half. I had labs done the following week, and the results were great. Last October, my A1C was 6.5, which is high. Its now 5.3, which is in range. I'm hoping that my doctor decreases my dosage when I see him next month.

I'm going to start lifting weights in the near future. I'm extremely nervous about joining a gym, but I know that's going to work itself out. I'm well on my way to losing 200 pounds, which would put me at 220 pounds. My doctor said that would be a fine weight. I'm 6'3", so I don't know how I would look in ONEderland. I've been thinking about it. LOL.

This weight loss has also given me a huge boost in confidence. I reached out to one of the VPs of the company I work for a few weeks ago about potential opportunities, and he asked me to lunch. I was only looking for a fifteen minute discussion, so I thought that was great. We went to lunch last Wednesday, (The lunch I ordered is my profile picture. I looked at the menu online, before, and I got the grilled chicken chop salad. The gentleman I had lunch with was at the buffet when I took it. LOL. He knows moderation. LOL. It was a very nice restaurant.) and it went well. We we're there for about and hour and a half. On our way out, we passed the buffet and he said that I missed out on it. I told him that my buffet days are over, and mentioned my progress. He asked me what I've done, and I showed him the MFP app. He was amazed, and we talked about my weight loss for about fifteen minutes outside the restaurant. The meeting went very well, and I think we'll be talking in the future. Eight months ago, I never would have had the confidence to do something like this.

I'm just very pleased with my progress, and I thank all of you for your continued support.

1/1/13- 420.2 pounds-
hhja.jpg

This was me before lunch last Wednesday-
p9p3.jpg

9/1/13- 267.2 pounds-
kpjj.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!