Looking For Inspiration

Options
Hey y’all. I’m a 32 years old guy. Always been generally in shape but not as much muscle as I wanted. Either really skinny or later on fit without muscle definition I want.

I’ve been busy with work and life like a lot of us are. But I’m trying to now focus on putting in work to get my body where I want it. I’m 5’10, 171 lbs, 20% body fat right now. My goal is to be 185 lbs with 12% or so body fat.

I’m not as knowledgeable about the whole process as I should be. I know I gotta take in about 1 gram of protein for every pound of weight I am, and start lifting heavier to put on muscle. I redownloaded this app to get a bit more serious about the diet and workout. I’m gonna figure out how to meal prep and all that moving forward that works with a busy schedule.

It would be cool to connect with other people who have gone from where I am to where I wanna be and hear what worked and what didn’t. And what a realistic goal is and timeline. Thanks.

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    I would start by having achievable goals. Gaining 14 lbs of muscle and decreasing body fat that drastically may not be a super reasonable goal. If you've already been weight training, gaining just a couple pounds of muscle in a year or 2 is more reasonable. I would focus less on the weight on the scale and body fat percent and more on just.... how do you look in the mirror to yourself. Nobody else will know what the number's are, they'll just know how you look.