June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls I’m so sorry to hear that your mom’s dementia is progressing so rapidly. Dementia is such a tough disease. I’m sure it’s been tough on you as her caregiver. Take care of yourself too. Having seen a few older relatives succumb to dementia, my heart goes out to you as you navigate the last period of your mom’s life.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Enjoy Lisbon! I have never been but have been trying to get my husband to go to Portugal for a bit. We probably won’t go until after the kid is out of the house. Looking forward to some more pics! I showed him the pastel de nata @tarun_yadavA mentioned and he very much wants to try those. He is very food motivated, especially baked goods!
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    97mph winds! That could have been a tornado 🌪️
    I guess it could have been worse. Take care!
    That’s what I was thinking. The degree of damage around the neighborhood is pretty variable. While there was no confirmed tornado, I definitely think we got some tornado-adjacent conditions.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    @martaindale That is some crazy wind! I'm glad your house is fine and I hope the knee and ankle are ok.

@quilteryoyo Sorry about the sinus issues. Hope you feel better soon.

@AlphaHowls Sorry your mom isn't doing well. Big hugs to you.

No run for me today or yesterday. Just scheduled rest days. I am going to have to get up really early tomorrow to run in the "cool" part of the day. And if I am lucky that will be about 82° feels like 87°, so not really cool.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    it saddens me and breaks me some days

This one seems very frustrating to watch. It's heartbreaking. I hope you are able to find some peace in all this.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    That looks really good @tarun_yadavA .

Big hugs @AlphaHowls . Dementia is so hard on the family to deal with. You're doing great with the running...I'm sure it helps to relieve all the stress you are under.

Great run @Laurz9191 . Love how you stayed as cool as possible with water from the stream.

You're doing great @TheMrWobbly .

Thanks @kgirlhart .

You're doing great @martaindale !

You're doing great too @SummerSkier . I agree, @AlphaHowls Music is one of the last things that seems to go in dementia patients. When I volunteered at the nursing home, sing-alongs, they could all remember the words to the songs...even it they didn't remember 2 min later that they sang. Someone said art/music is one of the few things that uses both sides of the brain and that is why it remains when other things are gone. Again, big hugs to you.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sounds like you are enjoying your vacation and being very active. No wonder it's hot. The sun looks like it's twice as big as it is here. :wink: The food looks delicious!