First Day

Options
I signed up today. I am really motivated to lose weight (at least I am today lol). Initially I want to lose 30 pounds. I don't get much exercise at work since I sit at a desk 25 hours a week and don't get the chance to get up much. My other obstacle is that I have a huge appetite. I am going to start walking and exercising as well as try to incorporate more fiber/ wheat into my diet. Here is to day one on my journey to 145 :)

Replies

• smithpaint
    Options
    Welcome - Today is my first day as well. My biggest issue is my appetite as well. I love to eat. I've gained almost 15 pounds in the last year. There is no excuse for that. I hope I can eat healthier, exercise more and get this weight off!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you

Hopefully you will find, as many do, that once on healthy & calorie controlled eating you really do not have huge appetite, no idea of reason, stomach shrinks? Bulked out by veg & fruit?

It does work, not easy all the time, but that is the path most on here have succeeded with

Walking is good, not all, me included, can, or want to, work out for hours every day, just walking to shops, or cycling maybe, will help
  • lamarrsgallardo
    Options
    Welcome! It is always difficult to start losing weight because of the appetite. But once you see the scale numbers dropping, you will be motivated and easily resist those "bad" foods
  • mrbearinski
    mrbearinski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am doing this. I want to lose 40 pounds at least. I am very down and I have let myself go horribly. Both of my daughters are doing this. One has lost 13 pounds and the other one has lost 10. They look wonderful. I am SO jealous but so happy for them. I have NO will power and I LOVE to eat. I am in a FUNK! I don't work and sit around a lot. I NEED a job but my husband likes me home so that we can go places and do things together. NOT a bad thing but....I do miss not working and being out and about. I am going to start a water aerobics class on Wednesday. I hope that it goes well and that I LOVE it. I love swimming.
    I hope that you do well.
    Heather
  • gattejdi63
    Options
    This is my first day. Need to get back into my clothes with out the stress on the seams. The older I get the harder to lose. I like this site because the recording of food intake is easy. Hope to join all of you who have lost a part of yourself.:blushing:
    I am almost 63 and would like to feel 45 again. I won't push it more than that.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    Your appetite will go down. I remember my first day I was crying because I was hungry and had no calories left - then again I had a bad breakfast before discovering this site and didn't plan my meals appropriately. I also needed to adjust my calorie goals.
    You can do it. Just remember it's a lifestyle, some days will be good, others won't but the overall trend and consistency is important!
  • musicteacher40
    musicteacher40 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    First of all, let me say CONGRATS to all of you for making the first step and that is to recognize what you need to do...

Be patient... I know that we, as a human race, are not the best at being patient... If the weight does not come off right at first, do get frustrated, but just keep plugging away at it. I have been on this journey since June 1, it wasn't until the last 3 weeks that I actually started seeing the weight come off... so once again, be patient...

When you get frustrated, know that there are people out there routing you on and want you to succeed!

Make sure that you are doing exercises that you are comfortable with...don't just jump in full force...(I did this and developed plantar fasciitis and Tennis Elbow, because I did not allow myself to build up)...work up to it... add a little more each time you workout... Workout 5 days a week, spread your "rest days" out.... I stretch on my rest days, which helps me feel better and move better... If you have someone to workout with, then do it, that will help you stay on track...

Make sure to log everything, and I mean everything you eat... watch your sodium intake, too much sodium will cause you to retain water, which in turn will make it look as if you are not losing weight (scale wise)...
  • jerilynnduncan81
    Options
    thank you and good luck
  • jerilynnduncan81
    Options
    Thanks :) I will try to remember that. I think that first hump will be the hardest for me.
  • emisickle
    Options
    Hi and good luck!
    I'm on day 2 and fingers crossed feeling positive after a good first day. I also have a huge appetite. I don't really crave a specific food, just food in general lol. For my first week I've decided to focus on smaller portion sizes and more fluids.
    Feel free to add me if you want some support :)
  • emithsmith112
    Options
    Hey there! This is my first day as well and I have very similar goals. We got this! :)
  • elisestein
    Options
    Well, it's my first day! I recently got married (June 30th) and three months prior I was on a great kick, working out 5-6 days a week, and eating very clean. In 43 days, I had lost 16 LBS. After that, my weight didn't budge. I felt like I was doing everything right, but wasn't seeing the results I wanted to. I was so stressed out planning the wedding, and not sleeping that I just resorted to old habits. So, like every other time, I gave up. I have gained the weight back, and probably more. Now, I think to myself... if I would have kept it up, I probably could have been half way to my goal of losing 50 lbs!
    I am 5'' tall, and before I had my son, I weighed 115 lbs. I don't even want to say what I weigh now.
    I'm hoping through this website that I can track my progress, and gain support of other women with the same goals. Ladies, don't give up! Keep switching up your workout routine, and eating clean. Don't deprive yourself of treats, but instead of eating a box of cookies, eat a fruit salad, or 1 cookie. And make this a lifestyle change, not a diet. Lets kick some butt!!!!!!!!!!