Bug calories count? Please help

Options
Hello, can you help me to understand if this is a bug?
I am on:

-8 carbo
-1 fat
-6 protein

But it sais that i have 31 kcal to eat…. How is possible?zbyvltlxi552.jpeg

Best Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,201 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The discrepancy you're seeing is caused by the fact that some public foods added to the database by other users may contain inaccurate values in either their macro or their calorie fields. Unfortunately, at the moment the only option is for the app to sum the individual calorie values to derive the calorie total.

We've recently introduced more strict requirements for public foods created by other users, that will prevent most future additions to the database from containing macro values that don't add up reasonably to the calorie total entered by other users. In the meantime, you may wish to rely more heavily on food search results with the green checkmark, as these have undergone some machine analysis including a check for macro/calorie conformity. However, these too may have up to a 10% variance due to the different requirements for some labels.

You may also choose to edit any non-check-marked food to bring the calorie value in line with the macro values. More information on editing public foods is here (https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032622691-Some-food-information-in-the-database-is-inaccurate.-Can-I-edit-it)
  • packito84
    packito84 Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    The discrepancy you're seeing is caused by the fact that some public foods added to the database by other users may contain inaccurate values in either their macro or their calorie fields. Unfortunately, at the moment the only option is for the app to sum the individual calorie values to derive the calorie total.

We've recently introduced more strict requirements for public foods created by other users, that will prevent most future additions to the database from containing macro values that don't add up reasonably to the calorie total entered by other users. In the meantime, you may wish to rely more heavily on food search results with the green checkmark, as these have undergone some machine analysis including a check for macro/calorie conformity. However, these too may have up to a 10% variance due to the different requirements for some labels.

You may also choose to edit any non-check-marked food to bring the calorie value in line with the macro values. More information on editing public foods is here (https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032622691-Some-food-information-in-the-database-is-inaccurate.-Can-I-edit-it)

Thank you so much! Now i found the cause 😬