Issues with calories!

Options
13»

Replies

• Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    For some reason everything has to be complicated to me. I am one of those open the computer and see how it works! I'll work on it. It's so easy that I missed the point.

Oh, BTW, here are the links I've been going to for recipes.

https://www.themediterraneandish.com/
    http://www.eatingwell.com click under diets, and the Mediterranean Diet is there at the top.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I am so used to 'full' feeling, that I don't know when my stomach says 'OK, you are satisfied. I don't want anymore.' It's hard to admit when you cannot handle no being full. Like last night, I felt fine with the stir-fry I had, and then I bolted and ate a bunch of chips.

S0, you cannot 'feel' when your stomach is full .. I can relate. I used to overeat at meals and my stomach was used to holding a larger amount of food than I needed ... stomachs are very stretchy. The way I solved that was to weigh or measure my food and use specific plates to eat from.

Yes, many people will say you have to weigh everything to know how much you are actually eating, but I still use cups and measuring spoons for some of my foods. And maybe something along those lines will help you eat a reasonable amount of food.
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Prep time is taking a long time for you? Any idea what specifically it could be? There are lots of possibilities but here’s two I thought of.

1) Is cutting vegetables (etc) taking a long time? When I started cooking a long time ago, I had not been taught how to cut efficiently. I eventually learned ways to make it quicker. For example, cutting in rows then turning and cutting the columns all at once instead of haphazardly.

2) Accept prep time. Embrace it. It takes time and that’s okay. Put on some music or listen to a podcast. Prep time is worth it for healthier and more delicious meals.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    The Brieftons food chopper rocked my cooking world. Throw in whatever, pull the string until it’s chopped to your preferred size.

I can chop veggies in seconds.
  • Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm... you both have great points! The reason it took so long is because I was doing complex recipes. another poster made a comment to not make it so complicated. I know it's wasteful to get some stuff, and then only use fourth of it. I am trying not to waste things, because my income is fixed.

Where would I chop veggies efficiently. Herringboxes, how does it cut down time? I should start prepping the day before. On a Saturday, for example.

@springlering62 I will have to check into that, but like I said I am on a fixed income, so I need to take some tim3e and food prep on Saturday.