Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Term 45 - 5-Week Challenge (June 16th - July 23rd)

Options
Neon_Vampire
Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,203 Member
Hello, everyone. We’d like to invite you to join term 45 of the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Here is the information as well as the application below!

Term 45 will be a 5-week term themed around the summer and a field trip - a long term visit to tour the Ministry of Magic! The term will run from Friday, June 16th (with full activities beginning on the Monday afterwards) through Sunday, July 23rd. Students will also have a few days into the term to submit their starting weigh-in.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, June 12th and Tuesday, June 13th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, June 15th or respond to the prefect who contacted you, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***

3U90iVF.jpg

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @Maalea or @Neon_Vampire (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 45. :)

Sincerely,
Maalea and Neon_Vampire
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I sent in an application 👍
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,596 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'm one of the members that helps to run this challenge. Although I am biased, personally I think it is fun and can give you new ideas for exercise. You can also get support from others in the challenge and have something to motivate you to log on to MFP, which is important in keeping on track with your goals.

So I definitely recommend giving this challenge a try! <3
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,142 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fun! (Okay, I am biased too, but it still is fun.)
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,819 Member
    Options
    Been involved with this for many many terms, and it is one of the best run challenges. Loads of fun while getting fit and eating healthier. I've made so many amazing people as well. Apply, you won't be sorry you did!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    So, we won't hear anything until next Mon or Tue, yes?
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,142 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    So, we won't hear anything until next Mon or Tue, yes?

Yes, but I can tell you in the meantime that we've got your application, so you will get a spot in a house. Just a few more days until owls will fly out!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    TY, @Maalea 😊👍
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,206 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for my owl to arrive. I'm having withdrawal symptoms! Last term was my first; by far, the best challenge I've tried.

2el1plw7b498.gif
    (Kindof looks like a house elf)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Think I submitted an application form - and look forward to returning to a great challenge
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Is there a list of staff members, that you can use to check any friend requests (from names you don't recognize)?
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    Is there a list of staff members, that you can use to check any friend requests (from names you don't recognize)?

I just sent you a PM with the staff members usernames to look out for with friend requests. If you didn't receive the PM feel free to send me a friend request, if you are comfortable doing so, and I'll resend the list over. :)(More than likely the PM won't go through since we aren't friends, but on very rare occasions I have heard of successful messages being sent without being friends.)
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    So everyone is aware we are still waiting for some of the documents we sent to the Ministry, to allow for our tour, to be approved so we haven't started sending owls out just yet, but they should be ready to fly tomorrow and Wednesday. :)
  • mkksemail
    Options

I just sent you a PM with the staff members usernames to look out for with friend requests. If you didn't receive the PM feel free to send me a friend request, if you are comfortable doing so, and I'll resend the list over. :)(More than likely the PM won't go through since we aren't friends, but on very rare occasions I have heard of successful messages being sent without being friends.)

Ty 👍

Didn't receive PM, I'll send you a friend request.

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,596 Member
    Options
    At this point, everyone who has sent an application should have received a PM from someone :) I just sent a friend request (and a PM) to a couple of people that applied yesterday. Sometimes my PMs don't go through if we aren't friends, so you may need to accept my request first and then I will re-send the PM.

If you haven't received a message yet, please let me know or post in this thread :)

Also if you'd like to join the challenge, feel free to still send in an application and then we can get your sorted into your 'internship' at our summer tour of the Ministry of Magic ;) The term officially begins on Monday, although you can join late too if you'd like as well if you stumble upon this thread later.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    @ptitejeanne , here is the Hogwart's Challenge sign up 👏🧙‍♀️🪄🔮🎱✨🧝‍♀️
  • ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Thanks @mkksemail. I send a request to register but don’t know if I’m in or not?! Didn’t receive any messages. @Kisame29 can you help me? I’m new here! Thanks! 😀🙏
  • mkksemail
    Options
    @i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR , @1AncientSage , this is the Hogwart's Summer Term Challenge sign up ✨👏🧹🧙‍♀️🔮🪄🧝‍♀️🎱
  • midnight_badger
    midnight_badger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join?
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    Am I too late to join?
    We are finishing up with the first week of the term today, but we still have four weeks left and we'd be happy to have you join us! You can submit an application if you are still interested and we'll get you sorted into a tour group within the next few days. :)
  • midnight_badger
    midnight_badger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!