A Gentleman's and Ladie's agreement. - For Lifters

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
Can we stop telling people to lift heavy, or at least to not tell them to do squats, when college starts?

I had an influx of college students this week. Now most are just on the elliptical and machines. Even saw one guy dragging a cable on a machine out into the weight area and doing falcon punches. Fine, I mean it looks stupid but at least your out of my way.

What I don't like is having to wait for a squat rack to open up wile this guy and his girlfriend dry woopie each other in between each set of Over Head Presses. Then do squats, and I don't even want to mention what that looked like.

So please, can we just all say that free weights are pretty much for losers. It will make girls bulk up with massive amounts of chest hair and make guys beans shrivel up? If we can contain this "free love" to the cardio sections and machines, I think I can make it though the next week when they find all the bars in the area and just give up on the gym.

Sincerely,
Old people with lawns.

I think the guy was trying to do this
http://youtu.be/YhD9CJfnpHk

but pulled it out a lot further and did some sort of wild uppercut.

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    You need an old man stick to shake at the students. It's the ultimate in lawn and squat rack defense.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes pleease! The little sh*** are all curling in the squat rack this week :grumble: I hate when school holidays come up
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Poor Bill. Don't worry, bad form will soon result in an injury and you will have the squat rack to yourself.

Yours sincerely,
    A bulky middle aged woman lifter