My Story: Lost 200lbs Naturally

Options
ConfidenceCurrency
ConfidenceCurrency Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2023 in Success Stories
k2cvih4b69cc.png
bkcufc571voz.png

13 years ago I began my journey at 352lbs. Over the course of 2.5 years I lost 212lbs. through tracking my nutrition and moving my body. I’ve maintained a healthy weight ever since. Consistency in the small stuff is what lead to such a dramatic transformation- crazy how that works, right?

SO much of weight loss is MENTAL- I had to get my thinking transformed in order to transform my body. I’m blessed to be able to help lead the way for others in that now.

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing - healthy and happy - way to go:)
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    One should strive to mindful and present everyday, in “all” that we do. I agree that we should try to change our recordings (verbiage) to match our physical actions.
  • YogaMusician
    YogaMusician Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Inspirational ! Following on IG !
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! I had lost my happiness as I got bigger and bigger. I needed to regain my confidence and happiness. It was so much work. No one really tells us this when we decide to lose weight. I am so happy you are doing well. AMAZING PICTURES!!!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    SO much of weight loss is MENTAL- I had to get my thinking transformed in order to transform my body.

Thank you for giving back with your success story. I think you are right about the 'thinking transformed' part. Tell us more?
  • Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I highly believe alot of it is mental! Well done on everything you have done
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done, you stuck it out! Weight does not go on in a day and sometimes its a long haul to take it back off. You look amazing and this is very inspirational.
  • MissVivien77
    MissVivien77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This story is inspirational and you look fantastic!!! I'm on a mission to lose around 75lbs but I'm worried about loose skin - is this likely with the amount I'm looking to lose and if so, what is the best way to combat it? I'm wondering if building muscle and losing the weight at a sensible pace will help!!
  • Capyonadiet
    Capyonadiet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work the same for everyone!!!
  • theshiznit3
    theshiznit3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This story is inspirational and you look fantastic!!! I'm on a mission to lose around 75lbs but I'm worried about loose skin - is this likely with the amount I'm looking to lose and if so, what is the best way to combat it? I'm wondering if building muscle and losing the weight at a sensible pace will help!!

If you lose more than 50% of your body weight, some noticeable loose skin (around the abdomen of everyone and often the arms and hips of women) in inevitable. Less than that the most important thing is very slow weight loss. Everyone wants to lose it all at once, but in actuality you only want to lose about 1% of your body weight a week. Anything more will lead to issue with your hunger hormones like ghrelin and leptin and will cause excessive lean body mass loss.

Weight training and focusing on maintaining your protein intake (.5-.7g per lb of body weight per day) will help maintain your muscle mass. Fuller muscles can definitely help fill the literal void in your skin left by fat loss.

A good quality lotion also helps with tightening of the skin. But the loose skin can serve reminder of what you've achieved and where you don't want to end up again. If in the end you have loose skin and you simply cannot stand it, there are cosmetic surgeries to correct it.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,749 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Your story is inspirational and your hard work has paid off.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 pounds at age 58 (from 210lb to 135lb). I did it in about 10 months ( other than the last 5). No loose skin. I think a lot of it is genetic luck.
  • wil5456
    wil5456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today, I started my liquid diet which I will do for 2 months. Hopefully I can loose a significant amount of weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!