Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

A feature that allows a user to cycle their macros (carb / calorie cycle)

Options
Currently a user can customise their daily nutrition goals by setting custom daily goals, this is ok, but it would be very useful to be able to take this customisation one step further by setting custom goals based on the workout intensity for a specific day.

For example, to be able to set macronutrients for the following four types of days:

- Off day
- Low to Moderate
- High
- Intense

The user could then preset the macro requirements for each type of training day via the account/my-goals/daily-nutrition-goals page.

Then the user would have the option to select the type of workout performed that day, perhaps via the Dashboard or the Diary.

Life doesn't always allow a user to train exactly Mon - Sat and take Sun as an off day. Or perhaps a user decides to throw in an intense session of HIIT and wants to adjust their macros for just that day. Having this feature would be relatively easy to implement and I'm sure be extremely useful to many many users.

Thanks for considering!
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 765 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks so much for this suggestion! I will be sure to relay it back to the appropriate team to review.

In the meantime, customizing your daily goals will be the closest thing you can find to this - as you've already mentioned.