How are your fitness goals going?

Options
UrsieT
UrsieT Posts: 2 Member
Hi everybody,

This is my first post but I'm interested in knowing how everybody's fitness goals are going? And what are you doing that has been successful?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,359 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

People's individual fitness goals can vary quite widely: What are yours?

As a li'l ol' lady, I guess mine are mostly to have active fun, and to stay mobile, strong and independent as long as possible. I guess that's going OK, so far, at age 67?

It's summer here now, so I'm rowing on water 4 days week, and usually biking on two other days if I can fit it in - both of those weather permitting, of course. There's also physical yard/garden work to be done, of course. In Winter I usually stationary bike or machine row (sometimes both) 6 days most weeks, just so I don't have to start over from zero with conditioning in the outdoor season (and because it helps keep up my mood and functioning).

For me, these aren't really new goals or activities. I've been rowing for 20+ years, though just increased my outdoor biking during the pandemic (kind of replacing spin classes I used to take twice a week pre-pandemic). I did both those things when I was still obese, kept them up through weight loss, and am of course continuing them in maintenance . . . because I like fun. :)

How about you?