Tell me what to make for dinner

Options
PennStateChick
PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
Ok, I have about 4 hrs until dinner and I cannot figure out what to make. I need to go to the grocery store, so it can basically be anything. I am stuck in a rut and just want something new. What is your favorite recipe? Go.

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm having spaghetti and meat sauce, also a large tossed salad (mixed greens, lots of raw veggies, with olive oil & balsamic vinegar) ..... last night was a homemade chicken & vegetable soup with egg noodles ....... the night before was grilled salmon, brown rice and a large salad.

:drinker:
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    http://misspetitesweets.com/2013/03/12/pinterest-greek-yogurt-chicken/

So freaking good and pretty low on calorie count - it's even listed as "Pinterest Greek Yogurt Chicken" in the food database.

It's turning into my go-to dinner on busy days...
  • marshjpsall
    Options
    Taco Soup
    1 can ranch pinto beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can rotel
    1 can corn
    (you can add in peppers, mushrooms, and vegetarian crumbles to thicken it a little)

throw all of this in a pot and simmer for about 20 minutes and you're done.

its serves about 4
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Spatchcock a chicken and you'll have enough for several meals. My recipe with pictures is here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/moist-roast-chicken-butterflied.html -- if you click on the pictures, you'll get the instructions as captions to larger pics.

Besides, this way you get to add a word to your vocabulary that sounds dirty but isn't. Then you can walk up to someone and say, "I spatchcocked today. Did you?"
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump. I can really use ideas.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Chicken on the grill, corn on the cob and a small salad. Marinade chicken overnight or as long as you can (couple of hours is ok).

Marinade Ingredients
    o 1/2 cup soy sauce
    o 1/2 cup water
    o 2 tablespoons lemon juice ( about 1 lemon)
    o 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    o 2 tablespoons salad oil
    o 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce ( if you like it with a little kick)
    o 1 garlic clove, minced
    o 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
    Directions
    1. Place chicken in marinade (overnight if possible, turning once).
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    1 (4oz) chicken breast per person
    2 egg roll wrappers or 8 wonton wrappers per person
    Frank's Red Hot
    Cream cheese or other mild cheese (blue, if you like it)

Boil chicken breasts until done/tender. Shred with forks and mix with Frank's to taste. Place 2oz per egg roll wrapper or 1Tbsp per wonton wrapper; top with cheese and roll like burritos. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, until wrappers are crispy and golden brown. Serve with masses of steamed veggies. Use more Frank's mixed with light ranch dressing for dipping.
  • ladolcevita94
    Options
    Chicken on the grill, corn on the cob and a small salad. Marinade chicken overnight or as long as you can (couple of hours is ok).

Marinade Ingredients
    o 1/2 cup soy sauce
    o 1/2 cup water
    o 2 tablespoons lemon juice ( about 1 lemon)
    o 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    o 2 tablespoons salad oil
    o 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce ( if you like it with a little kick)
    o 1 garlic clove, minced
    o 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
    Directions
    1. Place chicken in marinade (overnight if possible, turning once).
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    3 chicken meatballs 1/2 cup of favorite pasta sauce that is low in calories, I like tomato and basil sauce the best it's 50 calories for /2 cup. I steam (using microwave) yellow squash and zucchini with onions and bell peppers and add a few or more shakes of the following spices:basil, oregano, garlic salt and onion powder. Viola you have a great fast, easy and very tasty dish.
  • ddpiel
    Options
    1 (4oz) chicken breast per person
    2 egg roll wrappers or 8 wonton wrappers per person
    Frank's Red Hot
    Cream cheese or other mild cheese (blue, if you like it)

Boil chicken breasts until done/tender. Shred with forks and mix with Frank's to taste. Place 2oz per egg roll wrapper or 1Tbsp per wonton wrapper; top with cheese and roll like burritos. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, until wrappers are crispy and golden brown. Serve with masses of steamed veggies. Use more Frank's mixed with light ranch dressing for dipping.

This sounds good. I think I'll try it this week
    Thanks