Need tips on losing weight

Options
ctubd1
ctubd1 Posts: 7 Member
Hi Guys,

I have a strong sweet tooth 😜, so very difficult for me to loose weight. I’m 55 with huge fat layers around my mid section, 117 kg weight.
Any experiences will be welcome 🙏

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Start by just tracking how many calories you're eating each day without restricting. Once you know that, cut back by 500 calories. This can include whatever mix of foods you want (including sweets) but I strongly recommend mostly whole foods, and mostly plants (fruits, veg, whole grains, beans, legumes) with a bit of meat thrown in if you choose.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    The best thing I did to jumpstart was cleaned out pantry and fridge of anything I deemed “unhealthy” at the time, and gave it all to my neighbor (teenage athlete son took care of that!)

In the past, I’d resolved to “start Monday” sooooo many times, but there was always something in the house I couldn’t “waste” and “needed” to eat.

It wasn’t til I had enough and physically got rid of the stuff that I could begin.

The next best tip is to read and absorb these boards, and get involved. You’ll learn so much, like why you’ll probably “gain” weight two or three weeks in, food and exercise tips, sanity tips….

Welcome to MFP! I started at 55 and am in maintenance now. It’s totally doable if you hunker down and are diligent.
  • ctubd1
    ctubd1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I’m already on 1500 Kcal plan

Trying to hit 10,000 steps 3 times a week which gives me calorie deficit most of the time

sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Start by just tracking how many calories you're eating each day without restricting. Once you know that, cut back by 500 calories. This can include whatever mix of foods you want (including sweets) but I strongly recommend mostly whole foods, and mostly plants (fruits, veg, whole grains, beans, legumes) with a bit of meat thrown in if you choose.

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible sweet tooth too, and what finally helped was cutting out all added sugars. That finally got rid of the craving, though now on occasion I'll eat something sweet. One reward that came from cutting out sugary foods was that fruit now tastes very sweet to me, so it makes a nice "dessert" now and then.