20by September 1st?

Options
mike192837645
mike192837645 Posts: 11 Member
Is it unrealistic for me to believe I can lose 20+ by September? The past 5 years or so I hovered around 175, but last year gained and hit 200 again... In 2021, I had a tradition where I would have a McFlurrie once a week during the 2 weeks a show I was looking forward to aired. Do you guys think I could do that again this year? I estimate about 2 pounds per week over the next 12 is extremely doable!

Hey. Maybe by September first, I won't want to spoil all my work with a McFlurrie! :)

Replies

• Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    hey Mike, I think you can get 20 off by Sept 1st. if you have a plan.
    But even if you get 10 to 15 off, that'll be a great start to getting back to 175 by Christmas.

If you want to commit in to doing it, I'll join you, but my goal will be to get 15 off by Sept 1st.
    My biggest hurdle is to close my eyes to points ( WW ) / calories once I hit my daily allotment, and just sort of drift off into decision fatigue land and slip back into my See Food diet plan.

Lynn
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    That's a deficit of 1,000 calories a day, which is possible. However, is is likely? That's starting at 1% loss per week and reaching 1.1%. For 12 weeks. I've seen lots of weight loss data over the years, and I probably have seen someone reach 1% for 12 weeks in a row. But less than 1% of people can achieve that. So the odds are against you.
  • mike192837645
    Options
    threewins wrote: »
    So the odds are against you.

Oooh! That's what I like to hear! That only inspires me to take this more seriously!
  • mike192837645
    Options
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    If you want to commit in to doing it, I'll join you, but my goal will be to get 15 off by Sept 1st.
    Lynn

Hi Lynn! Thanks for the kind words! And sure! I can send you weekly updates and I'll look forward to hearing yours!

• Lynn__W
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Mike, I've just found a 100 Day Challenge which works for me b/c I'm a daily weigher.
    Here's the link in case you're interested ...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892282/100-day-challenge-16-saturday-june-15-2023-to-friday-september-22-2023#latest
  • mike192837645
    Options
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    Mike, I've just found a 100 Day Challenge which works for me b/c I'm a daily weigher.
    Here's the link in case you're interested ...

Thank you! Not for me though. I am unable to weigh myself daily, so I can't monitor minute fluctuations. But thanks for keeping me in mind! And hey. Whatever works for you :)
  • Lynn__W
    Options
    Hi Mike. How're you doing? On the other thread we're talking about the time we're wasting yo-yoing etc. One mentioned the word "dedicated" .. I think that's the key to our journey. I have to learn to be waaaay more dedicated in the evening to maintaining the loss I've achieved.

I get it that daily weighing doesn't work for many and also isn't always possible so worries. What's your method of attack going to be? I used WW points to track food, and also bought Noom's book ( have done Noom's program in the past too; like everything else, it worked as long as I did the work too).