Too much too fast?

Options
In the last month, without changing any of my eating or exercising habits, I've lost 12 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that the weight is coming off but I've lost about 5lbs in the last week since I started student teaching. I don't know if I should try to slow it down and eat more or what. I'm a little anxious about it. What do you all think?

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You haven't changed anything but you've lost that much weight?

If true (your diary is inaccessible) you may want to schedule some blood tests with your doctor.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You need to see your doctor ASAP.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You're probably moving around a lot more and maybe not eating as much? I would just be thankful because it probably won't continue.
  • Hungry_Gurl
    Hungry_Gurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else that uses your scales? If it's digital and the battery is getting low it can sometimes give off readings.
    I would be excited about the weight loss. I would guess you are moving more with the new job and maybe not snacking as much. If you have been doing this for while, maybe you are making healthier choices without realizing it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I would see a dr to just be sure verything in alright and would up your calories.
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else that uses your scales? If it's digital and the battery is getting low it can sometimes give off readings.

I think this is a fair point. Do you have any hand weights at home? If so, you could use one of those (or really, anything you already know the weight of) to check your scale.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said.

1 If you have a digital scale --- change the batteries - I have had this happen to me, one day I lost 3 pounds, I was estatic. The next day I lost 5 pounds - so I changed the battery and in reality I lost nothing. OH well It was nice for a day.

2. Weight does fluctuate, I lost 9, then 3 then 4,4,4,4,4,4 then 1 then 3, losing 5 is in the ball park, you may be getting more exercise than you think.

3. Monitor yourself closely. If there is sudden unexplained weigh loss (absolutely no explanation) you may want to consider seeing a doctor