Retro Data ??

Options
I started trying to lose weight about Apr1 and started at 281# . About May 12 I was about 270#.. However I was not tracking a diet plan for HFLC. Here I am now on Jun 16 and hit my first goal of 260.
When looking at the reports.. I'm seeing only data since I input my measurement data. So the question is.. Is there a way to go back in time to show my starting weight (which was quite steady.. as well as my measurements) and approximate dates so I can see the progress with the original data?

Best Answer

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you using the app?
    You can definitely add foods for dates in the past, just go backwards using the arrow at the top of the food diary, or tap on 'today' and select the appropriate date.

You can also add weigh-ins for past dates. Just do as you do for regular weigh-ins, but tap on the date and select the appropriate date for your old weigh-in and then tap on the check mark.
    It's possible on desktop too, to edit or add past weigh-ins: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit

In the goal settings, you can choose which date to use as a starting date for your graphs etc:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change-goals-guided

Answers

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 731 MFP Staff
    Options
    The new starting weight you are seeing is from a selected time frame in the reports section. For example, if you choose to view the report from "3 months" you will see the starting weight from the beginning of the selected time frame (3 months). If you switch it to "Since Starting Weight" it should have your actual starting weight.

Hope this helps!
  • WA7WS
    WA7WS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Jean.. I'm not sure if that helps. I'm a total newb with MFP.. and struggling. As mentioned, I started about mid April of 2023 and I don't see a way to add my beginning weight and subsequent weights.. and there is no way to log food intake.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 731 MFP Staff
    Options
    I recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly for further assistance. You can send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com. Thanks!