Vanilla shake recipes? + Shake ideas/recipes?

Options
xnancyelizabeth
xnancyelizabeth Posts: 22 Member
Absolutely love Vanilla milkshakes, what ingredients could I use to make a low calorie vanilla milkshake?
I've never been much of a cook so forgive me if I seem like a noob lol. :ohwell:
Also any yummy fruit/healthy milkshakes with the recipes and fat/calorie count would be useful too.
Want to start making my own milkshakes!! :bigsmile:
Thank youuuuuu.. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• brittany0859
    Options
    I like to use vanilla protein powder in my shakes. I usually add a banana, a scoop of vanilla protein and some almond or coconut milk.

You could also cut up a banana, freeze it and then put it in a blender with almond milk and vanilla protein powder to make it more like ice cream. Calorie count depends on protein powder but mine are usually no more than 300 with 24 grams of protein.

I really like tropical smoothies. I make a pina colada one that I really like. I don't really use recipes, I just add whatever but I think it's a scoop of vanilla protein powder, almond/coconut milk, pineapple and coconut stevia to taste.

You just gotta be creative. There are so many options. PB&J, banana and peanut butter, strawberry banana, key lime pie, etc. Use your favorite fruit and just add some almond milk, greek yogurt, stevia, etc and spruce it up a little.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use Syntrax Nectar protein powders. Their vanilla is called Vanilla Bean Torte, as yes, you can actually see the vanilla beans in the powder. I add 2 scoops to 2 cups of 2% milk. It delicious & VERY vanilla in flavor. It doesn't need any extra additions. Get mix in a shaker cup or the blender, it get very frothy. Add ice if you want it even colder.

The shake is 420 calories & give 64 grams of protein! It also keeps me full for a good 3-4 hours.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    + 0 calorie Walden Farms pancake syrup with spices of choice, all spice, clove, cinnamon, etc.
  • KZKITCHENDIVA
    Options
    HERBALIFE BABY!!! I eat Milkshakes for breakfast & lunch EVERYDAY!!!
  • Satiable
    Options
    Hi xnancyelizabeth;

I think I'd cry if I had to give up vanilla milkshakes forever! My favourite is:
    - 1 cup fat-free milk, 86 calories.
    - 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract, 12 calories.
    - 2 tablespoons diet (not Greek!) vanilla yoghurt, 12 calories.
    - A few grains of salt
    - Stevia or other sweetener to taste (0 calories if you use pure Stevia concentrate)

Add all ingredients to a hand-held milk shaker, don't use a blender unless you want 4-cups-worth of undrinkable foam. Drop in a couple of ice cubes, shake until frosty cold, and enjoy. 110 calories total.

Have you tried just adding some instant coffee to milk, unsweetened? Milk is sweet enough on its own, so it makes a decent iced coffee with no extra calories.