What is the 30 day Shred?

Options
sbear867
sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
I have seen so many topics about groups starting this program. What excatly is it? I know its a DVD from Jillian Micheals, but are the results fantastic? I need to get a new routine going and would like to feel out this one.

Replies

• dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's a DVD broken down into 3 20 minute circuit training workouts. You start on level one for a week, then level 2 for a week and then level 3. However, I use this when I'm short on time for a long workout. It's definitely a tough 20 minutes! I like it because there's no excuse to not find at least 20 minutes in a day. Now allowing my husband to share the tv is another topic...
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am on day one of shred. join me if you want. Walmart has it for about $10.00 . you will need hand weights also. it is a great short workout.
  • sbear867
    Options
    Thank you!! I have been trying to decide to buy a copy off amazon. I usually get in 30 to 45 min of cardio and I just don't want to get something if it isn't going to work me hard enough.
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    Im on day 5 level 1 and i love it! it is a tough workout but make sure when you first start out you do it even when you are sore becasue it makes you stronger and it made my soreness go away. Also start with a 3-5 pound hand weight
    good luck!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I purchased this DVD and have not made it past level 1 yet. I don't do it daily as some do as I like to have the day of rest in between as there are weight bearing moves. I tend to do something else on the "off" days.
    It is a good workout and a great way to fit some exercise into your day since it is just over 20 minutes including cool down.
    I will transition to the 2nd phase eventually, but on my own time. I can now keep up with phase 1 but just don't feel that I have mastered it yet enough to move on, and I have been doing this for about 45 days.
    I can see if you are somewhat fit already how you could easily move through the 3 phases in 30 days, but Im just not there yet myself.
    I would recommend this DVD . . oh, and my husband watches if he is that keen on being in front of the tv and I really don't mind as much now that Im able to complete it without dying.
  • DianaMI
    DianaMI Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is great. I do it every night when I get home, takes 20 minutes but you work your butt off. No rest. I love it. I just ordered the other dvd boost matab, I will try that one on the weekend, its 40 minutes and no rest. Order the shred dvd.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Thank you!! I have been trying to decide to buy a copy off amazon. I usually get in 30 to 45 min of cardio and I just don't want to get something if it isn't going to work me hard enough.

From what I've heard, its pretty intense (especially when you get into round 2 and 3)- So I am sure it will work ya good. I am getting the dvd as well from a great friend on this site :D I am so excited to use it! We can do it together!
  • sbear867
    Options

From what I've heard, its pretty intense (especially when you get into round 2 and 3)- So I am sure it will work ya good. I am getting the dvd as well from a great friend on this site :D I am so excited to use it! We can do it together!

I went to the library yesterday and they had it. So, it was free and I am super excited. Let me know when you get it and we can start Day 1 together!!!