Eat less of what I like or change altogether?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    OP, if you start logging what you eat now, you'll quickly begin to see which foods are worth their calories to you for their tastiness, nutrition, satiation, practicality, affordability, deliciousness, etc.

Reduce or eliminate the foods that are easiest for you to cut out or cut down. Whether that's smaller portion sizes, or frequency reductions for high-calorie items, or cooking with a little less oil/butter, or something else . . . your call. Possibly a combination of strategies with different foods - it was that for me.

Misery is optional, but the definition of what's miserable or not is quite individual. You can figure it out.
    hoarc1987 wrote: »
    Why not just lift moderately heavy weights and gain both muscle and fat? My guess is you are eating bad carbs like bread. Also, have you tried eating soup?

Hmm.

For an OP that wants to lose 2st (28 pounds, 12.7kg), I kind of suspect that "gain muscle and fat" isn't a highly desirable option. I mean, I'm a fan of gaining muscle generically, but at best that's a slow boat to good body composition outcomes. And at 2st of extra fat, gaining fat seems like a non-starter . . . but maybe that's just me.

Also: The bread I foraged for while losing weight didn't have any bad carbs, just regular old carbs. Get enough protein, healthy fats, plenty veggies/fruits, sure. But eating some bread isn't an evil weight loss deal-breaker in a calorie/nutrition appropriate context.

• thesawyerbunch
    thesawyerbunch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I still eat all of the things that I love; I just eat less of them, and I log everything to make sure that I don't go over my calorie limit. For me, I feel that works best.