2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Sammi_x_ wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Packing a big salad for lunch will save on calories in, plus it's delicious, doesn't need to be heated, easy to transport. I agree with Lietchi that cutting back on restaurant foods is a great change to make. Plus, you can make your salads the night before work and pack the dressing on the side. If you're a meat eater, add some chicken nuggets or favorite meat to your salad... if you're vegetarian, load up your salad with nuts, seeds, shredded Parmesan cheese. (Point being: be sure to add some protein to your salad so that it's a meal with more substance.)

If you have any salad recipes I would love them! I struggle with making salads as i never know what to put in as I don't like peppers or onions!

I thought of you after getting an email featuring Salad Framework from my current favorite youtube food guy, Ethan Chlebowski:

18jq0limj9km.png
    Make the vinaigrette: In a closed container, shake together the vinegar and oil (optionally add salt and other seasonings or emulsifiers, like honey or Dijon mustard)

Assemble the salad: Collect and/or cook/toast any components. Toss greens with your vinaigrette, then top with the other components.

Optionally add extra lean protein, like chicken or tofu, for a more filling serving.

https://newsletter.ethanchlebowski.com/posts/what-makes-a-salad-satisfying-try-this-framework

His concern is balancing the flavor profile. For me, I want to also make sure I get enough protein, and since I'm an omnivore, always include chicken or tuna for my entrée salads.