Basically starting over again

Options
A few years ago, I dropped from 240 to 182 pounds and was feeling so much better (and hoping to continue losing). Covid brought lockdown and working from home which killed my motivation and gave me too much opportunity to bake and eat. Then I lost my mom and depression made it all worse. I put back on almost everything. I’ve been back to trying to lose again this year and am back down to 230 but have so far still to go. My son just got engaged giving yet another reason to get my focus back. Last time, these community boards really helped, and I think that’s part of what I’ve been missing the last couple years so trying to get back in for the support and accountability. Just wanted to post on here to get started again!

Replies

• Kosterc4383
    Kosterc4383 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    And what is your plan? Eat less, move more?
  • Kworsdale
    Kworsdale Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That emotional eating gets us all the time. I too have a similar story to yours and just joined back a week ago. It is amazing to see how tracking your meals and adding some movement truly is the answer. At my current age, it is worth the efforts even when I "just don't have the time" or "don't feel the energy." Prioritizing these is prioritizing the benefits to yourself. So, simple answer Kosterc4383 but one that is so true, by tracking, we become aware of our eating less and moving more... Together, makes us accountable. You have this and so do I!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Wishing you success!