Hello Everyone

Hello, I’m new here I just downloaded MFP this morning. I have been wanting to keep track of my nutrition better and lose some weight for a while now. However this year I have gained about 40lbs. Right now I weight 189lbs and I am the heaviest that I have ever been before. I am sluggish and lethargic, tire out easily and do not feel like I should. I have had my bloodwork checked at the Dr and everything came back good including thyroid. So I decided it is time for me to make a change and take charge of my health. I plan on eating better, portioning out what I do eat, and increasing my exercise. I am active during the day I have a physically challenging job I’m on my feet for about 9 hours a day. I do go hiking sometimes. I plan to incorporate more exercise and workouts into my routine. I would love to meet some new friends for encouragement and support throughout this journey I am starting. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• Dean_IsStayinLean
    Dean_IsStayinLean Posts: 75 Member
    Welcome! MFP can get you there - calories in / calories out - and it sounds like you've got your mind in a good place to get this started. Don't get discouraged if it takes a minute to get the scale moving in the right direction. At a moderate pace, you could get that 40 lbs. off by the end of the year. I hope you do!

Get that calorie deficit where you need it, and follow your plan.