Monday Motivational

Options
Hello all,

One of the many reasons that people struggle with weight is that they eat when they are unhappy, well, no reason for that. Like Rihanna says, "Choose to be happy," but oh if it were only so simple.

One of the the things that impacts happiness is gratitude. Happiness results from gratitude, not the other way around. Meaning if a person is grateful, they will move toward a happier state.

So, if you're like me, you have a cat's bag o' problems. I have type T2D and I need to lose weight to boot! Nothing to be grateful about there, right? Nope, there is plenty to be thankful for, even with that.

I am grateful that I get to work to address these issues.
I am also grateful that I have the tools, technology, knowledge, and time to do so.
That's not nothing :) It makes me happy to think about it.

Lots of people say to change the body, change the mind. Maybe this is something that can start that change.

Here is a link to a video on the topic that is pretty good.
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=ted+talk+gratitude&mid=71335AF02696CB4F476871335AF02696CB4F4768

Best wishes for your success!
J

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    In essence everyone has a small idea on how to lose weight. They KNOW they eat too much. Many want to change. And while mindset does have to be a major step, it's HABITUAL BEHAVIOR that has to change the most. You DON'T need much motivation to brush your teeth. It's just something that you do even if you don't do a great job at it. People that pay more attention to their overall oral health will go further by flossing, seeing a dentist regularly and even rinsing out their mouth after every meal.
    My job as a trainer is to get people to change their habits and be consistent. Hopefully once they get into a groove of doing that, they continue the rest of their lives.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    In essence everyone has a small idea on how to lose weight. They KNOW they eat too much. Many want to change. And while mindset does have to be a major step, it's HABITUAL BEHAVIOR that has to change the most. You DON'T need much motivation to brush your teeth.

Oh your right, but ...
    In order to develop those habits into consistency, a person has to start doing them in the first place.
    It might not take much motivation to brush your teeth, but we are not talking about brushing teeth :)
    I would venture to guess that before someone comes to you, they already have *some* motivation, or else they would not be willing to participate in your excellent services. (seriously with your certs, knowledge, and give damn I would be willing to bet good money you are very effective.)

Being happy helps folks to get that *some* motivation, and *some* is what it takes to get started having those good habits. Habitual behavior changes occur AFTER mindset change, no change of mind, no change of behavior, and those habits never start, or may never become habits in the first place.

My post was addressed more to those fine folks that have not yet made it to your dojo.