I did a stupid thing

Options
2»

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Let it go. It's one day. Next time though, if you're going to blow 480 calories on ice cream, skip the Skinny Cow and go right for the good stuff. Just say'n.

Anyway. Good luck tomorrow.

You're right! I don't usually go for "diet " type treats, but I was a sucker for the picture on the box.

Thanks everyone, you cheered me up and I just had a healthy low cal dinner. :bigsmile:
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Let it go. It's one day. Next time though, if you're going to blow 480 calories on ice cream, skip the Skinny Cow and go right for the good stuff. Just say'n.

Anyway. Good luck tomorrow.

^^^THIS^^^
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well seriously those things are sooooo yummy! And you only ate 3 not all 5 - so have a healthy dinner and forgive yourself.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    No worries...I seriously ate half of a large pizza for dinner....granted it was a papa murphey's delite ...and I did jog my first 5k today and then biked for 40 minutes. but between that and a church picnic....(hot dogs) I'm literally 19 calories over. Guess who is going to do a couple songs on Just Dance before heading to bed? This girl is. If I overeat, I exercise more or deduct those calories from my next day's allotment (it's not like your body really thinks sun-up to sun-down like we do.)
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The three icecreams I ate on Sunday weren't skinny cow. I didn't let guilt ruin it for me :-)
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    On saturday, I split a slice of cheesecake with my husband. I thought to myself "how bad could it be?" It was 610 cals for HALF. I was frustrated when I realized how much I would have to work to not exceed my calorie goal. I went to the gym for an hour. And then I enjoyed dinner. I still went over my cals, but that cheesecake was yummy. And if I had beaten myself up about it, it would have led to shame. Shame usually leads to even worse decision making, so I did my best and promised myself that I'd be more careful next time.

We all have these moments but you're obviously doing a great job most of the time. That's something to be proud of
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you you think that's bad consider this. We've been on a 3 day fishing trip up in Canada and we sat on our a$$es all day in a boat on the lake! At noon we would find a little island and our guide would make a campfire and put a huge glob of lard in a fry pan along with a slab of bacon and cook the bacon, after which he removed the bacon and fried the fish we caught in the lard and bacon grease. Heaven! He also grilled some kind of meat or poultry and sliced up tomatoes and onions and our first course was bacon, tomato and onion sandwich. Then the fish. Then the meat and boiled red potato and finally, homemade fruit pie for dessert.
    First day raspberry, 2nd apple and today blueberry.
    It was an amazing 3 days and if you look to the left at my picture you will see that I caught a huge 20 inch 5 lb largemouth bass.
    Tomorrow it's back to the old elliptical and free weights.
    I don't regret one moment.

Bolded part is so familiar...we fry our eggs in bacon greese...hehe Canadian eh.

ETA: I wasted 220 calories on a 591ml bottle of Ginger ale...we all do it.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Just eat. Don't starve yourself. Honestly, one day is not a big deal. It's going to be alright.
  • sunnysparkles16
    sunnysparkles16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It happens and happens to all of us! Don't be too hard on yourself. Tomorrow is a new day :)