Motivation

Options
Need to get moving again. I’ve lost my motivation. What helps you get over the slump?
Also how do you find time with busy work schedule? I’m awake @430 to get to work on time. By the time I’m home around 6 I have no energy for fitness.

Replies

• Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @MelissaMaeSue Hey! I complete get how you feel! Granted you work longer than me.
    I work Monday to Friday 8-5 and I have 3 kids. So sometimes I manage to gym at lunch but if I am unable to go I have taken up skip rope and hula hooping. Well it is a fitness hoop. I can do these easily at home which helps.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Try 20 minute videos from apps or online. Don’t have to convince yourself to leave the house again.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    For me, with physical activity, the magic was finding things that (to me) are so fun I'd do them even if they weren't good for me . . . but they are.

In moments (Winter) when my very favorite activities are off the table, it can help me if I convince myself that exercise isn't a daily decision to make, it's just a thing that I do, like tooth-brushing or dish-washing. I set up a schedule, and push away the "I don't wanna" thoughts. That's not perfect every time, but it helps a lot. The less I let myself consider not doing the workout, the less often those thoughts pop up.

Also, for me it helps that I've been pretty active for a long time now. If I stop getting any exercise, I recognize viscerally that the low energy, grumpier mood, creakier body that I'm feeling are caused by not exercising. That helps me get back into it, and usually I instantly start feeling better (as long as I don't punitively overdo).

YMMV.