Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Carbohydrate Counting

Options
As a diagnosed prediabetic I need to track the number of carbs for each meal and snack I log in. I want carbs listed and totaled for each meal/snack.
1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    That's already possible:
    - on desktop (regular view of diary)
    - on the android app: view your diary and turn your device to landscape mode

Not sure how it is for the iOS app.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    By default, the MyFitnessPal Home screen shows your daily calorie goal, and your remaining calories, derived by adjusting your goal based on food you've eaten and exercise you've performed.

If you upgrade to Premium, you can select from several pre-set dashboard views for the top of your Diary, or may customize the view by selecting up to three nutrients to track, in addition to calories remaining.

To change the dashboard view:
    • Select the (...) on the top right of the diary page (iOS/Android) or Change (Web)
    • You should have 5 options
    1. Calorie Focus (shows total calories consumed, burned and remaining)
    2. Macronutrient Focus (shows carbs, protein, fat and calories remaining)
    3. Heart Healthy (shows fat, sodium, cholesterol and calories remaining)
    4. Low Carb (shows carbs, sugar, dietary fiber and calories remaining)
    5. Custom (select any 3 nutrients to display and calories remaining)

Your selection will not transfer to your diary, so you'll either need to update the Diary dashboard or you can select something different. (Web users will not have a diary dashboard)

Hope this helps!