Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Lock a macro

Options
realfortin
realfortin Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2023 in Feature Suggestions and Ideas
Maybe I am missing something but I can't seem to find how to lock a macro.
As an example, no matter how much or little I exercise, I want to get 150g of protein. That's my goal, not more or less.
Currently, any time I exercise a lot it suggests a lot more than 150g and when I have a sedentary day protein drops a lot.
This feature could be good for carbs for people that want to stay keto regardless of how much exercies or those that want to stay below a certain level of fat no matter what.
If this feature doesn't exists it would be an easy thing to add.
Tagged:
3 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Please see thread on how to customize this setting (for Premium users only).

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    With a premium account you can:
    - deactivate calorie adjustments
    - or choose to which macro(s) your calorie adjustment is added
  • realfortin
    Options

- or choose to which macro(s) your calorie adjustment is added[/quote]
    Really? Where is this adjustment? Thanks!
  • Lietchi
    Options
    That's going to be a tricky one to answer, I don't have premium anymore.

I'm going to guess it's on this page (Goals), most likely behind the option indicated with purple?

eyh7ked9pyhi.jpg
  • realfortin
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

I'm going to guess it's on this page (Goals), most likely behind the option indicated with purple?

eyh7ked9pyhi.jpg

Thanks anyway.
    Sadly, you can adjust it only by percentage. ie 30% of your calories from protein. Can't set it to a number and lock one.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    But if you set your base goal at the right number and then set 0% of your extra calories to be added to protein, then you'll effectively have a fixed protein goal?

If you want all macros to be fixed, not just protein, turning off calorie adjustments would be the easiest route.
  • JillK8224
    JillK8224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have premium, under under exercise in the daily log you can tap the three dots & turn off exercise calories counting toward calorie goal for the day. You can also leave them on and adjust what percentage goes to what macro if you want.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    realfortin wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

eyh7ked9pyhi.jpg

Thanks anyway.
    Sadly, you can adjust it only by percentage. ie 30% of your calories from protein. Can't set it to a number and lock one.

In the premium MFP phone/tablet app, you can set macro goals in grams, and tell the app to allocate the exercise calories elsewhere (or to not adjust goal based on exercise.)

Free MFP only has percents, and you can't set how to handle exercise calories.

Here are the screens in premium that do that:
    a87lfe0hqmcx.png

lzwisiiw4dxg.png

To prove that my protein goal stays at 100g with or without exercise, I'd have to do multiple more screen shots because of how my display options are set. I'm hoping you'll believe my assertion that that's true, but if I need to explicitly show it, I can.

P.S. I'm smaller and female-er than you are, so 100g is a bit above my estimated lean mass in pounds.

When I had free MFP, I just set the percentages to be close, and managed my eating to the 100g total without paying attention to what MFP said my under/over was. 🤷‍♀️
This discussion has been closed.