Keto vs calorie deficit

Options
I'm wanting to drop some weight. I've been trying keto for about a week now and we'll, I hate the food. I can't have my oats anymore. Or milk with my protein shake. Or a sandwich evey now and then haha. It's definitely not my favorite. Which is fine, I know keto it tough but my question is. Will I get similar results. In a calorie deficit with light exercise with less carb restrictions? I'm not saying eating like crap. Under 60grams a day, with higher protein. But do I really have to eat cheese and meat to lose weight?

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    You can eat whatever you like to lose weight, as long as the calories are right and you feel satiated.

Keto is all the rage, but if it's not right for you, then drop it. Eating in a way that makes you miserable is a quick route to giving up. And even in the slim chance you can tough it out until you reach goal, you've learned nothing about how to eat long-term to keep the weight off. Go back to old habits and the weight will come back.

I lost 70+ lbs eating carbs, they are not the enemy!
    Lowering them (doesn't have to be actual low carb) can help keep you satiated, and a lot also depends on where those carbs are coming from (eating candy bars and white bread versus multigrain bread and vegetables, option 2 is more likely to keep you full for longer).