Carnivore

Options
Waffles_n_Fries
Waffles_n_Fries Posts: 1 Member
edited February 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone doing Carnivore or Ketovore? Care to share your results?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    I am have been doing Keto since the end of April. I tend toward more of a carnivore keto, but am not strict about it. While the pace of my weight loss didn't really change, I found a lot of the issues I had with painful joints have pretty much disappeared, and best of all blood pressure is way down so I am down to one medication rather than 3. I still have about 35 pounds to go. The way I am feeling, I can't see stopping this, although I will continue to have individual days (birthday, anniversary, Christmas, and the like) where I will loosen the reigns and eat whatever.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    doing Keto since the end of April. The way I am feeling, I can't see stopping this
    eating carnivore for 2.5 months. lost 22lbs/10.3kgs I can see myself eating like this forever.
    Three weeks in with great results. I'm an older woman with high energy, Eight pounds off
    rmj7312 wrote: »
    Five weeks in Dropped 7 pounds in the first two. At 60, I am finding my six-pack again.....
    ekim64 wrote: »
    I’ve been on it for a week. Lost 6 lbs and have a ton more energy.
    just starting 90-95% carnivore. I am so happy to see others here doing carnivore.
    on Keto for 5 weeks, lost 20 pounds in the first 3 weeks. then hit a plateau
    gwene42 wrote: »
    I started two weeks ago-my energy has gone up dramatically, cant wait to see what happens

Yahoo. I've been 100% carnivore for 10 days, lost 5kg/11lb. days 2-9 were increasingly tough with headaches, dizziness and eventually chest pain, and me running fast to figure out if I needed more or less water, more or different salts, etc. I am grateful for the big 5k drop to start- its extremely motivating. My GP told me that if any signs of constipation - just eat tons of butter :). My chronic damaged achilles is feeling remarkably less painful- Yeah yeah yeah.

I do not crave carbs, and much sympathy to those living with lots of it in the house, rather I will make grandchild a pancake and go to lick my fingers - and notice the habit (the sweet taste would be unnecessarily enticing). When I am not too tired, and can just focus on me, I have found it a breeze, but when I am tired, thoughts of mocha, or olive bread or eating a biscuit float through my inner landscape. Thus far, nothing too hard, but fascinating the habits of the mind. I am reminding myself 'fat is for energy, protein is for healing and muscles, carbs are just for pleasure - unless you are training hard like rmj7312 and need them.

Then sometimes I have thought about how we actually eat for maybe 1-2 hours a day, yet I would get many hours of greater pleasure on a daily basis if I was somewhat lighter, let alone all the other benefits now and in the longer term - well at the moment, I have been able to stay cognisant of these in moments where thoughts drift to to the pleasure generating carbs:). :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    FitToLead wrote: »
    doing Keto since the end of April. The way I am feeling, I can't see stopping this
    eating carnivore for 2.5 months. lost 22lbs/10.3kgs I can see myself eating like this forever.
    Three weeks in with great results. I'm an older woman with high energy, Eight pounds off
    Five weeks in Dropped 7 pounds in the first two. At 60, I am finding my six-pack again.....
    just starting 90-95% carnivore. I am so happy to see others here doing carnivore.
    I started two weeks ago-my energy has gone up dramatically, cant wait to see what happens

Yahoo. I've been 100% carnivore for 10 days, lost 5kg/11lb. days 2-9 were increasingly tough with headaches, dizziness and eventually chest pain, and me running fast to figure out if I needed more or less water, more or different salts, etc. I am grateful for the big 5k drop to start- its extremely motivating. My GP told me that if any signs of constipation - just eat tons of butter :). My chronic damaged achilles is feeling remarkably less painful- Yeah yeah yeah.

I do not crave carbs, and much sympathy to those living with lots of it in the house, rather I will make grandchild a pancake and go to lick my fingers - and notice the habit (the sweet taste would be unnecessarily enticing). When I am not too tired, and can just focus on me, I have found it a breeze, but when I am tired, thoughts of mocha, or olive bread or eating a biscuit float through my inner landscape. Thus far, nothing too hard, but fascinating the habits of the mind. I am reminding myself 'fat is for energy, protein is for healing and muscles, carbs are just for pleasure - unless you are training hard like rmj7312 and need them.

Then sometimes I have thought about how we actually eat for maybe 1-2 hours a day, yet I would get many hours of greater pleasure on a daily basis if I was somewhat lighter, let alone all the other benefits now and in the longer term - well at the moment, I have been able to stay cognisant of these in moments where thoughts drift to to the pleasure generating carbs:). :)

Are you taking an electrolyte replacement? I would highly recommend it. I never had the keto flu, but I did get muscle cramps early on. Now I take an electrolyte replacement mix with sodium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc, and the cramps have not returned since.
  • cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Carnivore since October 2019
    Not always strict but it’s been a wonderful way of eating. I usually eat 1MAD or 2MAD ( meals a day). I’ve lost about 30 lb and have lots of energy and now very strong. I do strength training X3 / week and most days try to get in a Pilates session
    My labs are great, (well cholesterol is up but I don’t care because in the absence of inflammation and metabolic syndrome I don’t think cholesterol is dangerous).
    My gum health has improved dramatically.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this may be exactly what I need. Neuropathy I can't get rid of. Fibro and chronic fatigue. Gum problems. I love meat, fish, eggs.
    Thanks for posting, guys. I'll do a little research and may give it a try.
  • FitToLead
    Options
    FitToLead wrote: »

Yahoo. I've been 100% carnivore for 10 days, lost 5kg/11lb. days 2-9 were increasingly tough with headaches, dizziness and eventually chest pain, and me running fast to figure out if I needed more or less water, more or different salts, etc. I am grateful for the big 5k drop to start- its extremely motivating. My GP told me that if any signs of constipation - just eat tons of butter :). My chronic damaged achilles is feeling remarkably less painful- Yeah yeah yeah. ...

Are you taking an electrolyte replacement? I would highly recommend it. I never had the keto flu, but I did get muscle cramps early on. Now I take an electrolyte replacement mix with sodium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc, and the cramps have not returned since.

Yes, I am now, LMNT - I make a litre bottle full, and sip through the day. Took a while for the zero carb electrolytes to arrive by post since I can't find any in shops here in South Australia.. Made i big difference:)
  • FitToLead
    Options
    cathyL11 wrote: »
    Carnivore since October 2019
    Not always strict but it’s been a wonderful way of eating. I usually eat 1MAD or 2MAD ( meals a day). I’ve lost about 30 lb ... cholesterol is up but I don’t care because in the absence of inflammation and metabolic syndrome I don’t think cholesterol is dangerous). .
    Yes, there is an every increasing amount of research, and practicing doctors, psychiatrists, health and fitness people going carnivore.

In the 'Cholesterol con' it says
    It all started with a flawed observational study of seven countries by Ancel Keys in 1952 which shows an association between saturated fat consumption and risk of heart disease. However, Ancel Keys left out 15 countries that did not support his hypothesis. When all 22 countries were included, no such association is found.

The Lies doctors have been taught and shared with us:(
    and a brilliant you tube presentation called 'Your Doctor is Wrong about cholesterol' 2021 by Dr Stan Ekberg

• June_66
    June_66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am happy to have found a Carnivore group. I have been strict Keto then went all in Carnivore 9 months ago. I have lost 55 pounds and have 30 more to go. I no longer have knee pain, planter Fasciitis, or sciatica. I feel pretty amazing. My doctor is over the top regarding my hike in Cholesterol, but like someone else said. In the absence of inflammation, high Blood sugar, and low triglycerides I am not concerned. My "go to" people I follow and listen to for motivation on You Tube: Dr. Ken Berry, Shawn Baker, Dr. Chaffee, and I like watching Steak and Butter Gal. I am feeling like I need to kick start some type of exercise now to get the last 30 off. I have not done much to this point, as I was too inflamed. I am thinking walking. Keep rocking it!
  • tmmg6dzzgm
    tmmg6dzzgm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Aussie new years carnivore here! Well sort of
    Steak, little bit of rocket, feta, that's it. Macro looks okay. Still seems to be doing the trick
  • mae1658
    mae1658 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started Carnivore 2 days ago after hearing how my brother and sister-in law have had great results with increased energy and decreased bloating that I had to give it a try. I feel really good so far and feel like I already have more energy that even my husband noticed. Usually I am very lethargic except for the one day a month before my mensural cycle starts lol. I'm needing to lose about 30lbs but also want more energy consistently. I was having sweets and tea with sugar every day, and am shocked that I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms or headaches yet (knock on wood). I am excited to see how this journey goes.
  • LoveCreatedHate
    LoveCreatedHate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been eating carnivore for 2.5 months. I've lost 22lbs/10.3kgs but that's the least of the improvements. I've stopped snoring. My plantar fasciitis is gone. I had hip pain so awful I couldn't sleep. That went in the first week. I have more energy (but at 125kgs still, there's a way to go), I sleep soundly through the night and I wake up earlier than I ever have and feel refreshed. The most bizarre side effect is that my chronically bad motion sickness is completely gone. I can see myself eating like this forever.

What do your meals consist of?