Optavia Newbie

Options
eelary
eelary Posts: 9 Member
Hi everyone! Have been on My Fitness Pal off and on for years and back here today as I start a new journey on Optavia. One week in and I’ve lost 9 lbs, woot! Would love to know if any others are doing this and if you can share tips and tricks for sticking to it and being creative with fuelings (some of them are great and some are….well, lets just say I get them down with water 🙂).
Let me know if you’re doing it too!
Hilary

Replies

• gh10
    gh10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is Optavia? 9 lbs sounds great 😃
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, if you’re eating foods you have to hold your nose and swallow with water, that’s the very first change I’d make.

Long term loss is not in the cards if you’re eating foods you loath.

Also, initial loss is typically water loss. Expect to bounce back with a few pounds added weight over the next week or two or three. Know that it’s coming and carry on. Don’t throw up your hands and run around like the weight-sky has fallen in. It hasn’t, as long as you stick to it.
  • kmgallant968
    kmgallant968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am finishing my last fuelings now. I lost 25 pounds but like the above mentioned comment it’s not realistic and truthfully it is not sustainable. But it taught me what i needed to know about counting calories. My biggest issues with it was not having fruit and its too much process food. I ended up triggering my IBS (i think it was the soy bc its the only thing i never eat and now every meal has it) i also found out cauliflowers (which i ate ALOT of) is high in FODMAP. i am now studying FODMAP to figure out what is triggering my my IBS. i think to help kick start yourself it is a good way to go but it is so expensive and restrictive i just cant see staying on it. I am about 10 to 15 pounds from my goal so i figured now is a good time to learn how to eat. pintrest had great recipes, also look up Optavia facebook groups good ideas there too. Your coach should be a resource too.
  • escape96
    escape96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just finished week 1 on Optavia as well. Great results. No tricks yet to share but we can do this together!!!
  • eelary
    Options
    Thanks! We started this exactly as was mentioned - to kickstart weight loss and to encourage healthy choices. We’ve been slowly attempting to do this without a program and we just weren’t doing it. I’m fully aware that this is not forever and they actually have a transitional plan to return to just healthy eating once you’ve achieved your goal weight or whenever you decide that you feel you want to. I’ve already learned a lot and it’s made me realize that I can cook a very healthy dinner without binging on carbs and cheese which was basically my entire diet before this. I take that as a win in and of itself! @escape96 happy to do this together!!! 💗
  • eelary
    Options
    Also I get to eat super healthy and tasty like this every night so it’s not so bad! lean Turkey burger covered in summer veggies with basil and mini fresh mozzarella balls. YUM! 1qjgx53mc7lf.jpeg
    qdi0vettzzll.jpeg
  • Naturally_Sweetened
    Naturally_Sweetened Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use products from that program and some of the recipes.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips or tricks really. I did optavia for a few months a few years ago. I found I had little to no hunger as long as I ate my fuelings on schedule every day. I learned to like some I hadn't appreciated at first. I did tend to get creative with my evening meal because I like cooking (and eating), but sometimes it was just nice to grab a frozen chicken Alfredo... there's one brand that was on plan, but I can't remember which.
  • acordo1
    acordo1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The first shipment for me should arrive in a few days and some of the participants posted creative ways to use the “fuelings”.
    How has it gone for you so far?
  • cynhow
    cynhow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been using Optavia for a little over a year with success and I've used MFP the entire time too. I am honestly not very creative with the feelings. Lots of folks waffle them but, for me, simple is better so I mostly prepare the fuelings in the most basic way. If there are some that you don't like now - you might try them again a few weeks. I found that there were some that I liked a lot more a month or so in. There are also some that aren't good IMO so I just don't order those. I've lost a hair over 100 lbs and have another 100 to go.