Having a hard time eating enough

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to the site, but have been using the app for a little while on my phone. I am having a very hard time eating enough every day to even meet 1200 calories and I have about 58 lbs to lose. I know I am never going to get there if I can't eat properly!
Overall, I am a healthy eater, drink mostly water and a cup of coffee in the morning with creamer. I just find myself not eating during the day while I am at work. I can go all day and not eat and I know this is horrible for me.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? How can I eat more but still lose?

Thanks.

Replies

• kilowidget
    Options
    Some days I have the exact same problem. I just read an interesting article today though. Basically it said that if you eat the majority of your calories early in the day and less for lunch / dinner you have a much better chance of losing weight. Your metabolism is higher in the morning and eating more in the AM is supposed to keep you feeling fuller. I'm going to give this a try since I'm sick of sitting around with 300 calories to go after dinner.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so it is hard to give you specific advice, other than to just eat more:)

I start off my work day with coffee, blended with a tbs of butter, a tsp of coconut oil, and a tsp of honey. Then I eat a taco of egg, cheese, maybe a turkey slice. This starts me off with lots of fat and protein, a little carbs, and a decent chunk of calories. It keeps me going all morning. Then, I try to eat at least 5 fruit/vegetable servings and get 100 grams of protein by the end of the day. Typical choices: salad, lunch meat, chicken breast, fish, cottage cheese, peaches, strawberries, asparagus, broccoli. To add more calories, try avocado, banana, almonds, walnuts, cashews, nut butters, and add butter and oil to your meat and vegetables.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed but often when I see people with this problem and can see their diary, its full of things like skim milk, low fat yogurt, light cheese, low cal/low fat salad dressing etc.
    if you can't meet your calorie goal, switch out your low cal/low fat "light" versions and you will get there quicker without adding more food.
    If you are already doing that, a handful of nuts, avocado or some olive oil quickly add calories without bulk.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter sandwich, add avocado to your salad or whatever you are eating, add olive oil to cook in, have a glass milk or handful of nuts. It's really not that hard to eat more, just eat more dense food.