Apple fitness sync, Can I change the workout in MFP?

Options
Ernest_Nigma
Ernest_Nigma Posts: 69 Member
The workouts from my Apple watch and phone sync up with MFP, usually pretty well. However, when I go for a walk outdoors, the exercise in MFP says I was walking a dog. There was no dog involved and I assume MFP matched my workout to a previously entered version where someone was walking a dog.

Is there a way to adjust what my walk is imported as, or at least to re-label it?

Replies

• Ernest_Nigma
    Ernest_Nigma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tried something. In MFP, I added an equivalent walking exercise for that day and deleted the one with the dog reference. With any luck, maybe the next walking import from the iPhone will sync with the more recently used exercise type.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I think it’s equating your walk.

When I walk slowly (because I am, actually, walking a sniffy dog who has to pause every twenty feet to inhale a clump of grass) it records me as 2.0 mph, walking dog.

If I don’t have the dog, and can (thank heavens!) go faster, it records “brisk walk” as well as some other standard terms, depending on how fast I’m walking.

I don’t think it literally means you’re walking a dog. It’s just equating it to what some software developer thought was a good description of a slower walk.