App Locks Up

Options
springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
Have been suffering for months with entering foods. The app is slow to respond to request to enter a good, and then gets hung logging it. It is taking upwards of 15-30 seconds per line item.

If I add a saved meal, it can take a minute.

It’s getting slower and slower.

Also, when I respond to a friend’s post, once the comment posts and I return to my feed, it takes me back to the very first post and I have to scroll down to reach where I left off.

I’ve got very active friends, so this can take a while to do. Has made posting on or even catching up on friends comments untenable.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• springlering62
    Options
    Also, the “back” button on the Community boards seldom works.
  • jronvel
    jronvel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here, several seconds between screens. I thought it was because of the ads, but getting an ad-free premium account didn't solve anything. Why the hell is my Fitbit app with over 6 years of data still so much faster than Myfitnesspal???
    I sometimes have to reboot the app because it freezes for no reason.

You know what ? If Fitbit took into account my AppleWatch, I guess I would have left your app by now.
  • springlering62
    Options
    jronvel wrote: »
    Same here, several seconds between screens. I thought it was because of the ads, but getting an ad-free premium account didn't solve anything. Why the hell is my Fitbit app with over 6 years of data still so much faster than Myfitnesspal???
    I sometimes have to reboot the app because it freezes for no reason.

You know what ? If Fitbit took into account my AppleWatch, I guess I would have left your app by now.

I deleted and reinstalled the app and it works much better now. Apparently there’s been updates, but the App Store didn’t reflect any newer versions and I was running an older one. The delete/reinstall rebooted it all, so to speak.

Much better now. Still the occasional hiccup, but not nearly as maddening as before.