Weight Loss

Options
ggarcia3341
ggarcia3341 Posts: 4 Member
Hello my name is Guadalupe Garcia and today is my day one on my fitness pal any new ideas for me

Replies

• mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome Guadalupe!!

My recommendation is first and foremost - have faith in yourself. Whatever your overall goal is, remember it's a long road and not to get discouraged when you don't get immediate results, and don't give up if you fall off the bandwagon now and then. The important part when it happens is getting up and going again.

For me, I get discouraged when I try to look at the "long picture", so I always break up my goals into smaller achievements.

Do I want to loose 100lbs? Yes - but, let's just focus on the first 5 or 10lbs, then we'll focus on the next 5 to 10lbs.

Do I want to be able to do these amazing work out routines that I see online? Yes - but realistically I'm not there yet, so let's focus on doing a good stretch routine, then one arm routine, then add a leg routine, etc...

Do I want to have a better diet? Yes - but doing it all at once I feel like I'm being punished and I failed when I tried to cut everything at once. So, I started by cutting out pops and other sugary drinks, then adding in more veggies to my diet, or swapping out a meal once a week to include fish, or reduce carbs.

Your post doesn't say specifically what your overall goal is, but sometimes it's just easier to break it down into smaller achievable steps then once you have that down, add another layer. Don't get discouraged if you struggle, you didn't get where you are now overnight, and to get where you wanna go isn't going to happen overnight either.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @ggarcia3341 : Hi! Nice open question for the chit-chat board!

If you ask and sometimes even if you don't, many people will give advice that they either follow or aspire to follow. So their answer will essentially be "be more like me."

I will break the mold and say instead that you are the best expert in yourself and you already have a good idea of what will work for you and, more importantly, what you are willing to try. So my advice for you is "be more like you," or you might say "be your best self."

Best of luck!