Keep a little push

Options
I just keep getting so mad at myself. I keep going on diets then fail. This year I went on 3 diets and stopped. After all that I am heavier than I started. So I'm looking to hear some helpful motivation stories that have helped. My lane story is I work 6 days a week and push 70 hours of work. Married no kids only a old dog. Thanks for reading !

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and change your life.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and change your life.

This. If you try to diet, you will almost always fail.

The key to successful weight and fitness management is to make it a lifestyle change and be deliberate in what you do. That is why I don't really advocate fad diets or low calorie diets, because you aren't learning the habits that you need to be successful in the long term.
  • GroverBlue78
    GroverBlue78 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sadly there is no quick fix, it truly is about lifestyle. What I can tell you is that you aren't alone. I'm struggling with losing weight as well. I am engaged, no kids and work can be demanding (45-50 hrs a week average). But years ago my life was pretty much the same and I was much, much lighter. I was eating healthy, regular food and working out. So I know it can be done. I agree it's not About "dieting", its about being committed to yourself and becoming a better you. Good luck, and feel free to add me as a friend.