Anyone else unable to click on their food items in the diary on desktop?

Options
Been that way for at least an hour or two for me. Android app works fine.

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    @Retroguy2000
    Yes, I have the same problem in the website. I am trying to modify a portion and I get a message that I don't have the right to do it. Glad that you posted about the problem because I was trying to find a link to get in touch with the IT people that can fix it.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I also can't edit an entry right now. I put in a serving of something in advance as a placeholder and when I got the exact measurement I tried to adjust it and I can't. Really frustrating. It stopped working for me about three hours ago.

Edit to add: I'm using the webpage from my iPad. The iPad app works, for already logged items, but I can't edit and old out of date entry.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too.
  • sivyaleah
    sivyaleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Same, need to change some info on yesterday and it won't let me.
  • elizabethpacker55
    elizabethpacker55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here. I need to change some info now that I have the exact quanity. I tried to adjust it and I can't. Been like this for 3/4 hours now. The way past it is to re enter the item and delete the inaccurate one.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I submitted a bug report right now.
  • atattooed
    atattooed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes! It's been going in since last night. I thought it would be fixed by now.
  • annerae78
    annerae78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    still not fixed. I noticed it last night at dinner time, trying to adjust amounts in my supper. Hope they fix it soon. so annoying.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Still does not work, since yesterday
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @Retroguy2000
    What link did you use to send the report? I was looking for an easy way to do it but since the format was changed a couple of years ago, things are more complicated, at least for me. I don't like the new format.
  • Retroguy2000
    edited July 2023
    Options
    It's via "Contact Us" down at the bottom of the page, and a couple clicks from there you can find a bot chat. That sent me a confirmation email, and then a person (allegedly...) replied to it with the workaround of deleting and re-entering, and said they're working on it.

I linked to this thread when I contacted them.
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    It's via "Contact Us" down at the bottom of the page, and a couple clicks from there you can find a bot chat. That sent me a confirmation email, and then a person (allegedly...) replied to it with the workaround of deleting and re-entering, and said they're working on it.

Deleting and re-entering is a workaround for editing an amount for a correct item already logged, but I've also discovered that I can't edit incorrect database entries when wanting to log them for the first time. The only workaround for that is creating a new item, but we really don't need a billion and one duplicate entries when I should just be able to edit, so I'm not going that route. Ugh. I've got notes all over the place waiting to be added when this fixed.
  • Retroguy2000
    Options
    Don't you have the phone app? I prefer the site, but it's another option.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @Retroguy2000

I don't have the app. Don't like apps o:) And the problem hasn't been fixed yet.
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    Don't you have the phone app? I prefer the site, but it's another option.

Yes, but there are two separate editing issues currently. Editing an already logged item and editing an incorrect database item. I can use the app to adjust the quantity of an already logged item (or just use the delete and relog work around on the website), but the app is still no help for editing an incorrect existing database entry. When it's working, if you do it on the website, you immediately have a corrected entry. I tried from my app, and while it let me go through the motions of correcting the database item, when I finished, it said something along the lines of "thanks for reporting this, well look it over and get back to you". That doesn't help.
  • cmriverside
    edited July 2023
    Options

Deleting and re-entering is a workaround for editing an amount for a correct item already logged, but I've also discovered that I can't edit incorrect database entries when wanting to log them for the first time. The only workaround for that is creating a new item, but we really don't need a billion and one duplicate entries when I should just be able to edit, so I'm not going that route. Ugh. I've got notes all over the place waiting to be added when this fixed.

Just enter the new food (I'm saying that with a wink and a shrug....) I do it all the time because reasons, I don't even care if there are 200 of something already in there.

If you don't click on "Save to public database" (or whatever that says) we won't see it. Not only that but "editing" also creates a new database item. The old one is still there.

In the olden days every single item got added, which is how the database originally got so big, I think. Plus I bet some people think they themselves won't even be able to see it if they don't click "Public." :lol:

I don't even care about the 97 eleventy million database entries. That's MFP's problem. I also use a personal identifier in the title of the foods I add myself...that makes it so much easier to find the ones I entered.

MFP is glitchy. No way around that. Still works better than any other free logging site (for me.) I've looked. It usually takes anywhere from a day to a week to fix stuff like this. This is a pretty big glitch so I hope/think they'll fix it.
  • Retroguy2000
    Options
    72 hours and still not fixed. Disappointing.
  • cmriverside
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I just had to try five times to log in.

"Recaptcha" something something...

I did finally get logged in, but that woulda been baaaaad.

I know no one will see this thread who can fix anything, but I do feel better getting to whine about it.
  • Retroguy2000
    Options
    The other day I got a captcha, I think it may have been here but maybe not.

"Click on every square with a motorcycle."

It was literally every single square.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    It's an annoying new error for sure. Esp for those of us who prelog and then tweak. I have put a lot of tickets in before and those are almost as annoying. We see your problem and we will close the ticket now. They never actually promise to fix anything or ack that there is an issue. Instead of that they ask what platform, is your software up to date, are you stupid etc... which is almost worse than living with the current bug until it's fixed. One of these days a few of the "help coders" are actually going to use MFP and then maybe there will be more understanding of the bugs and a better response than just to close tickets in 48 hrs and not when they are fixed.