Go to meal.

Options
2»

Replies

• mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @writersbox22

Hummus is and AMAZING secret weapon. I don't know if you know this or not, but if you're using store bought hummus rather than making your own it tends to be very thick. You can use a little extra virgin olive oil and mix into it to thin it out to a more desireable consistency and there are a ton of seasoning mixes you can add to it to give it a different feel. I like mine with paprika and chili powder, or a little chili garlic paste to spice it up or even something like italian olive salad mix (like on muffalettas) to give it a little twist.

There are also a bunch of recipes where you can bake hummus which makes it possible to use for a base on a baked crustless pizza bowl, or covering some nice chicken breasts or something like that. It's very versatile so have fun experimenting!
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @nossmf

I recently fell in love with a grilled cheese that used a slice of colby jack and a slice of munster. My husband like grilled cheese with sharp cheddar.

What cheese is your favorite on a grilled cheese?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Sharp cheddar on sourdough.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Vegetable dal and rice.
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just Bare chicken nuggets or chicken fingers - - - sooooo much protein
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Dinner is the one meal where I require a good variety of different things and it's something we typically cook nightly. Leftovers can be used for lunches or whatever, but dinner has to be fresh and different every night so I don't really have a "go to".
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Salmon …
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    This week:

Mon - Seared Tuna Steaks and Edamame
    Tues - ??? Wife's cooking night
    Wed - Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs w/Rice Pilaf and Peas
    Thurs - Baked Salmon w/asparagus and roasted potatoes
    Fri - No Cook Friday...probably pizza night
    Sat - Grilled Cheeseburgers w/salad
    Sun - ??? Wife's cooking night

We're finally getting some fall like weather, so we'll start doing more stews and casseroles and whatnot soon. I think my wife mentioned maybe doing rolled red chile enchiladas on Sunday.
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Sharp cheddar on sourdough.

same
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just throwing some kind of meat in the air frier: a steak, chicken leg quarter, couple of pork chops, fish, etc. Just season them up and air-fry till done.

Any fresh or frozen veggies I might have lying around either gets made into a salad or is sauteed and thrown on the side.
  • 9gmxhctgdj
    9gmxhctgdj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Homemade Egg White bites ( can give recipe ) & spinach salad with tomatoes, cheese, pumpkin seeds & blueberries
  • dania12345678
    dania12345678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just make a sandwich and call it a day. Ezekiel English muffin, because there's no added sugar, 5 pieces of sliced turkey, 2 slices of cheddar cheese, and a guacamole cup for dipping. Maybe some baby carrots or a pickle to go with. I like to keep it easy and the best part, there's no dishes lol