To run or not to run

Fancy_Nancy2
Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I am going back to the gym after haveing the last 6 days off due to my cold I have. Now do I take it easy today or do I do my run? I still have a bit of my cold but I feel really good my nose is still just runing like crazzy otherwise all is good. Right now I am just waiting for the babysitter to come. I really can't wait to go I have missed my workouts.

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    I'd take it slow. A good walk is still a good workout.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    If you feel well enough to run, then run. A run indoors is not going to make you sicker. It will actually help to sweat the germs out.
  • As a runner myself, I'd say start out with a walk then move up to the run and just see how it goes! Hopefully you'll be ready to go all the way
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Give it a go, see how you feel, you can always stop if its too much.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    I remember reading once somewhere that if it's above the head you are good to go, below the head take it easy. So as long as you feel okay I think you could safely run.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    I am going back to the gym after haveing the last 6 days off due to my cold I have. Now do I take it easy today or do I do my run? I still have a bit of my cold but I feel really good my nose is still just runing like crazzy otherwise all is good. Right now I am just waiting for the babysitter to come. I really can't wait to go I have missed my workouts.

I would take it easy for first time back and build back up gradually, by the time you are back to normal workouts, your cold will have completely cleared up.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member

I would take it easy for first time back and build back up gradually, by the time you are back to normal workouts, your cold will have completely cleared up.

My colds tend to hang on for forever they tend to hang on 3 to 4 week.
This discussion has been closed.