What supplements do you take?

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
I'm a big fan of drinking green tea. I also use reishi extracts (its a mushroom which is reknowned for its medical benefits both in supressing cancer as well as many others) at least once a day.

Beyond that, I take my one-a-day multi-vitamin (Men's Health Formula) to make sure my nutritional needs are met, and for prostate and heart health. If I'm starting to get a cold, I take large amounts of vitamin C tablets (I *HATE* medicines and avoid them like the plague).

I know some people out there take a whole buffet of different supplements - which ones do you take and why?

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    I'm a big fan of drinking green tea. I also use reishi extracts (its a mushroom which is reknowned for its medical benefits both in supressing cancer as well as many others) at least once a day.

Beyond that, I take my one-a-day multi-vitamin (Men's Health Formula) to make sure my nutritional needs are met, and for prostate and heart health. If I'm starting to get a cold, I take large amounts of vitamin C tablets (I *HATE* medicines and avoid them like the plague).

I know some people out there take a whole buffet of different supplements - which ones do you take and why?
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    At my annual checkup my doctor found that I was low on several things. Due to the damage I created by cutting my calories too low in my quest to lose weight. So now I am on a prescription Vitamin D tablet taken once a week. Daily I have to take Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Zinc, and Selenium. I really dislike taking pills.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I like green tea as well...try to drink 2-3 cups (decaf/no sweetner)
    I take a mutli-vitamin, calcium plus D, vitamin c chewable and some omega-3's (TJ brand)

Kim
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin (One A Day Weight Smart), and a cranberry supplement because I get frequent urinary infections :angry: :mad: :grumble:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    A multi, a vitamin D and a vitamin B12 when I'm heavily fatigued.

If I have inflammation, I take a ginger/turmeric blend.

:flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I take calcium (ALLL women should for the obvious reasons), a multivitamin to fill in the gaps of the nutrients I don't eat, a B complex with Iron because I don't eat meat, Vitamin D because there has been research that it helps lessen the winter depression the I get BAD, and vitamin C..just because I work with 120 kids a day..and I've been sick ALLL school year.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Slimquick because its chock full of good stuff. I also drink green tea, I take zinc and vitamin C when I think I'm getting a cold.

On occasion I take Melatonin at night when my sleep schedule is off. It is really helpful and I don't get groggy in the A.M.
  • luvdance
    luvdance Posts: 42
    Options
    I drink Xango. There is a lot of research that I had done before I started drinking the supplement. Mangosteen is a fruit in Xango and you can look up on pubmed.com. After I started drinking Xango I noticed a positive change in my energy level. I have seen some miracles with people after they started drinking it. It tastes goooooooooood!! It is important to me that I share my knowledge and experience. Also I like to encourage everyone to be their best, never give up in dreaming and believing you can achieve. We have so much to be thankful for. If you or anyone reading this have any questions about Xango, I would be glad to answer them. I have been researching recently to find the right multivitamin and skin care products for myself.
  • luvdance
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I love XANGO

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • luvdance
    Options
    I can drink green tea in small doses. Shot glass size of it once in a while.
  • luvdance
    Options
    I am going to bump this I would love to hear what others are taking for supplements
  • luvdance
    Options
    bump on it :huh: :huh:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Nun! But I'm starting to think I should!

There is to much to chose from, I'm lost when it comes to picking out supplements.:noway:

Mary:cry:
  • Kiwi511
    Kiwi511 Posts: 7
    Options
    I take a daily multivitamin and a fish oil supplement which has omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. The fatty acids are good for your joints, skin, hair, and heart health.
  • msarro
    Options
    I take a daily multivitamin and a fish oil supplement which has omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. The fatty acids are good for your joints, skin, hair, and heart health.

Out of curiousity, I've heard that fish il supplements kind of give your skin an unpleasant smell. Have you found any truth to that??
  • Kiwi511
    Kiwi511 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been taking them for about 2 weeks and have not noticed any skin odor.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    With Flaxseed oil you won't get the fishiness at least with taste