Too many exercise calories!

Options
The past couple of days, MFP has been giving me an insane amount of calories for steps. For example - 5000 calories earned for walking 10000 steps. Yesterday it was 1500 calories for 5000 steps. These numbers seem ridiculously high and don’t match with what I was receiving for steps before. How do I fix it?

Answers

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's WAY too high. Do you use a step counter (besides MFP, IE Fitbit or Garmin?)for your steps? And if you do, what does it say you burn?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 742 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for any problems you are having. Please reach out to our dedicated support team for further assistance via https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff I use Fitbit. It is synced with MFP so it says the same data.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    So for me, I just set my MFP to sedentary and a one pound loss a week (500 calorie deficit daily), and don't even connect my Fitbit to MFP. All I look for is steps on
    Fitbit and try to hit a minimum of 13K a day. I take my calories on Fitbit and divide it by 3. I'll eat back half of the calories from that number.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • rjpattyn
    rjpattyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I keep on having a problem where MFP shows only the previous day's steps for today with no exercise calories. It was working great for a long time but every now and again it does not sync properly eventhough the Fitbit app syncs perfectly whenever I am close to my phone. I have done a force stop and restart, disconnected and reconnected bluetooth (which doesn't make any difference because the Fitbit is syncing already) and even uninstalled and re-installed yet now it has been 2 days where the MFP app has the previous day's steps .. I mean, I am showing 8987 steps and I have only just got out of bed ha ha What the heck goes wrong between these two apps. I have a Fitbit Charge 4 and previously had a Charge 3 and it used to do the same thing .. very frustrating. Now I just guess my workout from the Fitbit and manually put in to My Fitness Pal