Needing friends to help motivate me

Options
I have been using my fitness pal for two years now and have lost a considerable amount of weight. I went to a wedding recently and can’t get my head back in the right place. I find myself buying an assortment of junk food and eating every single bit of it. The weight is starting to go back on and I am really angry at myself. It’s like a never ending cycle!! I go away, have a good time, come home then eat myself silly and every time I’ve put on at least 20lbs. The more weight I put on the angrier I get. It makes me very sad 😢 😭😞

Replies

• PascaleKa
    PascaleKa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand the cycle! I decided to pay for MFP to help me take it seriously. One day at the time, you got this.
  • Contiannamaria1979
    Contiannamaria1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need a new friend too. How about we check on one another everyday to support each other?
  • AQM23
    AQM23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • pughdr1945
    pughdr1945 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Snacking is one of my biggest problems, especially at night while watch TV or reading/listening to a book. It is just boredom I think. I am weaning myself off and now I will just stop buying it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    I believe this happens because many people overly restrict themselves from foods they actually like to eat but eliminate them completely while they are dieting to lose weight.
    You shouldn't be doing a diet that you CANNOT stick with for life. Because inevitably, once you stop it.....................you'll regain weight. People that gorge on foods they eliminated from their diet do it because they miss it. Believe it or not you can have french fries, cake, donuts, candy, etc. IF, and that's IF you're willing to be RESPONSIBLE in consumption of them. Don't eat a whole box of cookies, have a few and be content that you did. The mindset of having to eat them all because you hardly ever eat them is what got so many people to actually give up after binging.
    I will NEVER restrict any food I like to eat out of my life. I WILL know how many calories it is and will figure out how I can have it in my intake while controlling my overall calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Canada_Kate
    Canada_Kate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Something you may find helpful (it helps me) is viewing yourself with love and compassion and tenderness instead of anger and blaming. I don't find negative self-talk to be useful overall.