Need pals in maintenance or close to maintenance

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Howdy,

Entered maintenance end of December and successfully yoyo-ed within a couple of lbs here and there of my goal weight. I've got a marathon coming up and fancied trying to lose a little more but yeah I've been there and happy to be pals if you want or anyone else for that matter.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    I hover around maintenance most of the time. At the moment, I need to work off the labor day weekend/birthday extravagances. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Add me! I am maintaining, but still would be happy with 3 - 5 more pounds off...just can't seem to get there, I do cardio and lift weights and eat paleo
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Hi! I'd love a maintenance buddy! I've been maintaining (+/- 4 lbs) since February. I think the toughest thing is figuring out the balance of energy expended vs calorie intake. When I first hit my goal weight, I didn't add back enough calories, and I was still loosing 1 lbs per month, eventually getting to a weight that was unhealthy (low) for me. I'm now consistently eating 1400 calories on inactive days (which is almost never), and between 1500-1800 on workout days, depending on the calorie burn.

I work out 4-6 days a week-

Soccer 1/week
    Heavy Weights 2-3/week
    Running//other cardio 2-3/week

Best of luck!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am "close to maintenance"

Originally, my goal was to get to 135#, which I am. Then I revamped my goal to be "get to 22% body fat. I am about 24% BF.

Hardest part for me is to let me myself be OK with eating closer to maintenance TDEE calories.
    Some weeks I get so über obsessed with macros, that I don't eat enough, then don,t have the energy to lift the weights I want to lift.
  • Feel free to add me! Would love to have more maintenance friends.

I've been on maintenance for about a month now, but I'm still trying to figure out my numbers. I'm currently set to sedentary plus eating back my exercise calories. Hoping to be able to bump up my calories a bit, but I'm nervous to do so. I'm letting my body adjust to the new calorie level I'm currently at, and will go from there.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Hi!

First off, congrats on being so close to your goal! That is so amazing!

I am in maintenance, and am on daily, so you are more than welcome to add me as a friend!

The hardest thing I found with maintaining was upping the calories and getting off the "Weight Loss' train. I was on it for a little over a year, so it was a bit of a struggle to adjust to no longer needing to lose weight.
  • I'm a few pounds from goal but I'm not concerned with losing them. I'm a runner but I have started incorporating more strength training to my routine trying to reshape my body now. Feel free to add me.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    I'm trying to maintain and get more active, want to get into running :)
  • Rebecca_139
    Rebecca_139 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in maintenance and would love more fitness inspiring friends, feel free to add me!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    I've been maintaining about 2 years now. I actually don't find it to be too hard, much easier than weight loss. I find my motivation is a lot less now since I don't have a "goal." I've been trying to make other goals to set for myself to help motivate me to keep going. Things like running a faster mile or squatting heavier.

I do weight lifting, HIIT and occasionally run or do a spin class. I've had a pretty bad 2 weeks, so getting back at it today.
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    ThAnks for all the feedback! You all a true inspirations! It's great to see that maintenance is possible.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm in maintenance mode...cycling my calories right now.

Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Im maintaining..mostly. Hardest part is staying vigilant for me. Im up about ten lbs right new so.....back to full time logging.
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Been maintaining for over a year. Feel free to add me.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    I reached my goal weight back in May, but have slowly gained 9 lbs since then. It snuck up on me! Maintaining is proving to be a challenge. So until I get these 9 lbs back off, I'm back into loving mode.

My diary is open. I workout 4 days a week. I start another bootcamp class next week, as I know it will help get these few pounds off. Send me a friend request if you'd like.
  • kcvance
    kcvance Posts: 103 Member
    Been in maintenance for a couple of months, I try to work out every day. Add me! :-)
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm 5-7 lbs away from my goal weight, so getting close. A few months ago, I actually got to my goal weight and then had trouble learning to maintain :( I run a lot, and do yoga, and need to get back into lifting.Friend me and you can see my diary :)
  • tbgree00
    tbgree00 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm within a pound of hitting my goal and have started shifting away from the high intensity Beach Body workouts and am getting into heavy lifting. I think it's interesting how many "weight loss" routines and plans exist but how hard it is to find good resources on maintaining your weight. I'm so used to eating what I do how do I add more? That's stuff I'm trying to work through.

I just started the Stripped 5x5 program and am supplementing it with the cardio sections of T25 on off days. Tack on a long walk on Sunday morning and mowing the grass weekly and that's my plan for the moment.
  • I hit my goal weight of 120lbs and am currently trying to maintain (eating 1900/2200 calories). I'm finding it super weird but I'm liking it at the same time. Add me and we can be friends! :)