Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Repairing my relationship with food

Options
Why are there no plans to repair or fix toxic relationship with food? For this price it's as much as noom or another similar program.
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    You can get so much free advice here from people "in the know". Relationship with food will normally relate to events in life.
    I try to teach my clients that food is for nutrition, growth and repair. Things that are detrimental to them, should be limited. IMO, the biggest issue for overeating by many is how something tastes. It tastes good, then you're happy. And who doesn't want happy? Unfortunately, unlike a party, or get together or sporting event, consumption of food for happiness usually causes major weight issues. And of course other issues like depression, boredom or stress can cause people to overeat as well.
    I believe if someone can identify why they use food as comfort, then creating a plan to help overcome it will be much more achievable.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png